ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350m Pro4: Are these readings correct?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350m Pro4: Are these readings correct?
    Posted: 23 Nov 2017 at 9:41am
Hey, I just finished a build with a r5 1600 and an ab350m pro4, OC looking stable at 3.8 with 1.3v set in the BIOS.  So far everything seems fine, but I was wondering about the accuracy of monitoring software.  I've read that sometimes these temperature readings can be a dummy signal or incorrect sensor and I was wondering what was accurate and/or correct. 

This is a screenshot of my hwinfo64 after a few hours of typical operation, with a couple 5-10min aida64 stress tests done during this time.  Is there anything here that jumps out as concerning, or does it look normal.  Like I said before, I haven't had any problems over the week or so since running this OC, but the numbers there seem high to me...however I am a novice at overclocking.  

EDIT: Few hours later, here is a more updated and full screenshot.  

I noticed a strange spike in the maximum voltages and current, and this alarmed me.  I wasn't doing anything too intensive at the time so it caught me by surprise. 

Edited by sinisgood - 23 Nov 2017 at 12:46pm
delukz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delukz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 1:22am
Voltages can fluctuate a lot, wouldn't worry about it.
And from working since april with this board, i've noticed the only temps that are accurate are CPU Tdie and Motherboard.
I've noticed a lot of people who worry about their VRM temps thanks to the sensor reporting high temps, it's not actually that hot.

I wrote a larger post recently on reddit:

Have not had a single issue with this board since april of this year and it's running it a r5 1600 @ 3900 with 1.4v rocksolid. (I have the pro4, but the only difference is the extra pci-e which noone uses on an matx board anyway, and 2 extra dimm slots)

People often point to buildzoid's video of the VRM but really they are absolutely fine, barely get hot aswell.

I freaked the out when I saw the VRM sensor in hardware-monitor when it showed 100c, but it seems to be a wrong reporting. After measuring with my IR thermometer, I can't find a spot hotter than 60c.

This board has the same setup as the board reviewed here, and the heat photo's confirm my findings: https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8173/asrock-fatal1ty-ab350-gaming-k4-motherboard-review/index10.html

http://https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/7dqh8l/asrock_ab350m_am4_amd_promontory_b350_3999_sale/dq04l9s/

Edited by delukz - 24 Nov 2017 at 1:24am
sinisgood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 4:25am
Alright, that does help to put me at ease a bit.  I did do a touch test on my VRM heatsinks and they weren't even remotely warm.

As for the voltage fluctuation, I assume its just some sensor error? When I woke up my readings looked like this:

I assume its an error, because theres no way its pulling almost 700w, right?  Especially considering my PSU is only 520w itself.
johndms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johndms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 10:43am
What concerns me is the Memory Clock/Ratio line. I assume you have 2400MHz rated ram. But HWiNFO is showing it hitting 3692 (times 2). Clearly an error in that reading, somehow.

I also noticed your CPU Core Voltage is shown as hitting 3.119v. I've never seen HWiNFO this inaccurate before. Perhaps just a fluke or something. I know software voltage readings are rarely, if ever, accurate.

Edited by johndms - 24 Nov 2017 at 10:45am
sinisgood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 10:53am
Originally posted by johndms johndms wrote:

What concerns me is the Memory Clock/Ratio line. I assume you have 2400MHz rated ram. But HWiNFO is showing it hitting 3692 (times 2). Clearly an error in that reading, somehow.

I also noticed your CPU Core Voltage is shown as hitting 3.119v. I've never seen HWiNFO this inaccurate before. Perhaps just a fluke or something. I know software voltage readings are rarely, if ever, accurate.

Yeah, I had also noticed the memory reading.  Other values seem to get multiplied to outrageous levels as well, and this was while I was asleep.  My PC was more or less idle, aside from a game I leave running in its background mode overnight.  I imagine if there actually was a serious, potentially damaging power spike it would force the PC to shut down. 

Might it be conflicting with MSI afterburner, which I also have running?  I did read that monitoring programs can interfere with each other, but I assumed it would just be some slightly inaccurate readings.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic