ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X370 Gaming K4 does not post after install RGB sof
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Gaming K4 does not post after install RGB sof

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btoledob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

The firmware for the RGB controller is contained in the BIOS chip. When that was updated, if there was and error, it could have caused a corruption. 

More often than not, the method I linked for you is enough to resolve any corrupted values and restore the system to working. If not, your only choice is an RMA. As boards have gotten more complex the risks associated with flashing firmware (BIOS is firmware too btw) have also grown. This is why it is recommended to return your system to UEFI defaults prior to updated and to preferentially use the Instant Flash option after having downloaded the correct update file from the product page. I sorely miss socketed BIOS ROMs, that made life so much easier for the end user. Sadly they are a thing of the past.

I am hopeful that my suggestion will fix your issue. For what it's worth, I have owned over a dozen ASRock boards and not had a single one fail on me yet. Even my oldest ASRock board sporting an Athlon XP is still working. The measure of quality also extends to the standard of support, ASRock is usually pretty good. If you have any issues please contact me via PM.

That was my fear. I've already seen reports of people having their BIOS corrupted when updating through Windows, and that's exactly why I did not update it. However, with regard to LED control software, I believe that the ASRock website should make it clear that when installing the LED controller there is a BIOS related work going on. This would avoid huge inconvenience. I followed your procedures and I'm waiting for the 4 hours to pass. When it is the moment I report the result here. Thank you for your empathy and for the confidence that everything will work out. This is my work computer and this disorder is already causing me problems. Thank you very much.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 6:52pm
may i ask

do you have rgb ram sticks ?

there was some issues in early days of ryzen launch
that the actual spd data programmed into the ram chips was getting corrupted with the rgb softwares on various boards, to note also gskill rams did seem common to get corrupt data chips and thus fail to boot/work or in lighter cases just have the rgb fail on them

if you do have rgb ram sticks may i suggest trying a normal stick first to rule out the ram as being the problem
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
btoledob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btoledob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

may i ask

do you have rgb ram sticks ?

there was some issues in early days of ryzen launch
that the actual spd data programmed into the ram chips was getting corrupted with the rgb softwares on various boards, to note also gskill rams did seem common to get corrupt data chips and thus fail to boot/work or in lighter cases just have the rgb fail on them

if you do have rgb ram sticks may i suggest trying a normal stick first to rule out the ram as being the problem

Hi.

No, it is not RGB. It is a regular Corsair LPX (2x4).

Thank you for trying to help me.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 7:10pm
ok well the last thing i can think of

is to carefully remove and then reseat the cpu

dont ask me why ,ive read more than one report of dead boards coming back to life after just doing this
i can only assume its cleaned up a bad contact pin from cpu to board while being moved

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
btoledob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btoledob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 7:19pm

ok well the last thing i can think of

is to carefully remove and then reseat the cpu

dont ask me why ,ive read more than one report of dead boards coming back to life after just doing this
i can only assume its cleaned up a bad contact pin from cpu to board while being moved

I already did that too. I completely disassembled the PC, even removed the motherboard from the case.
btoledob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btoledob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 7:26pm
Two things I think worth mentioning:

1 - The cooler fan turns and the LED immediately turns on when the PSU is turned on. There's no time for me to press the POWER button on the case, and when I do that, nothing happens.

2 - After installing the LED software, I played a little with the options, until at some point the colors I chose in the software did not reflect with the actual colors inside the case. It was after that, then, that I decided to restart the PC.
btoledob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btoledob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 9:23pm
I followed exactly the procedure of the previous link where I leave the motherboard without battery for 4 hours and the problem has not been solved.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 9:27pm
any chance you can borrow a ram stick to test

btoledob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btoledob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 9:29pm

any chance you can borrow a ram stick to test

Unfortunately not. But I believe the problem is not memory related, since even without it I could at least get into the BIOS.
btoledob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btoledob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 1:50am
*at least get POST codes.

So, RMA is the answer.

My first and last purchase from ASRock. I'm buying a motherboard from another brand and I'm going to sell this one when it come back from the RMA.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic