ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Intel Management Engine Issue INTEL-SA-00086 Fix
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intel Management Engine Issue INTEL-SA-00086 Fix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by hoisdom hoisdom wrote:

When i run the me1 program, i get the error message:

"Error 8719: Firmware update cannot be initiated because Local Firmware update is disabled"

My motherboard is the z170 extreme4.

What should i do now? Please help me

Did you try running the update program a few times? I've seen examples of this error being posted in other forums (Intel's for example) for other mother boards, and I've seen this update program fail on other Z170 boards. When we ran it again it worked. We also have examples of that happening in this thread.

Do you have the update program on your C: OS drive?
Atma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

All I can do is report this to ASRock.
That would be great, please do that as soon as possible :)
alokep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alokep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 5:51pm
I have a Z97 Anniversary with the latest ASRock firmware (ver 2.0 dated 7/20/2016)
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z97%20Anniversary/index.us.asp

Any idea why my system is not vulnerable?  I'm happy.. but puzzled.

Running the Intel detection tool says:

Based on the analysis performed by this tool: This system is not vulnerable."

INTEL-SA-00086 Detection Tool

Application Version: 1.0.0.135
Scan date: 11/29/2017 4:44:13 AM

Host Computer Information

Name: PC
Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Intel(R) ME Information

Engine: Intel(R) Management Engine
Version: 9.1.25.1005
SVN: 1

hoisdom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoisdom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 6:20pm
I tried running it about 4 or 5 times. Is that enough?

Ill chekc if i have the programm on my C drive when i get to pc!
hoisdom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoisdom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 6:21pm
I think the volnerability only occurs in cores from the 5th to the 7th generation and some pentium cpus..
hoisdom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoisdom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 8:21pm

"Error 8719: Firmware update cannot be initiated because Local Firmware update is disabled"

Did you try running the update program a few times? I've seen examples of this error being posted in other forums (Intel's for example) for other mother boards, and I've seen this update program fail on other Z170 boards. When we ran it again it worked. We also have examples of that happening in this thread.

Okay, I am now at my PC. It's really strange. When i ran the program again a few minutes ago, I got a different error message than yesterday.

Now it's: "Error 8716: Invalid usage"

Versus yesterday: "Error 8719: Firmware update cannot be initiated because Local Firmware update is disabled"

The only thing I changed since yesterday was, switching my RAM Sticks to other slots, because apparently one of my RAM slots doesn't work.

I also checked, if I have the program on my C: OS Drive and I have it on my Desktop, which is on the same drive as my operating system.

EDIT:

I'm dumb, i ran the application instead of the batch-file. I'll retry it with the batch-file now.

Edited by hoisdom - 29 Nov 2017 at 8:32pm
hoisdom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoisdom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 8:37pm

Ok now to clear things up, because my previous post was a bit messed up:

I ran the program again today and checked if i have it on my C: OS drive. It is on my desktop, which is located on the same drive as my operating system.

I do still get the same error message as before. I ran the update program about 5 times, just to make sure.

Edited by hoisdom - 29 Nov 2017 at 8:38pm
alokep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alokep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 6:20pm

I think the volnerability only occurs in cores from the 5th to the 7th generation and some pentium cpus..
The fixes are coming from motherboard manufacturers .. so it must depend on the chipset, and not just CPU.
My motherboard Z97 Anniversary w i7-4790K @4 GHz is showing as not vulnerable by the Intel tool.

Are others using Z97 Anniversary board all getting the same result?
belfastraven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote belfastraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 5:34am
I can confirm this problem with  the x299 taichi and i7820x.  The ime version already on these chips is newer that the version showing as the replacement, and according to intel , that  version  is not meant for the Skylake  x  chips..
rico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:21am
Originally posted by belfastraven belfastraven wrote:

I can confirm this problem with  the x299 taichi and i7820x.  The ime version already on these chips is newer that the version showing as the replacement, and according to intel , that  version  is not meant for the Skylake  x  chips..

Would you mind posting the output from Intel's SA-00086 detection tool like alokep did? Because what you're saying sounds a bit strange if the tool says your system is vulnerable. :/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic