ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Intel Management Engine Issue INTEL-SA-00086 Fix
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intel Management Engine Issue INTEL-SA-00086 Fix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belfastraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 1:07am
My output is the same as his.  
apoisonedgift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apoisonedgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 6:59pm
I've just been getting the error:

Error 8771: Invalid File. 

Intel's tool says my system is vulnerable... not really sure what else to do now?

Edit: I have a B150M-Pro4

Edited by apoisonedgift - 04 Dec 2017 at 6:59pm
Truman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 12:33am
I have an Asrock Taichi x299. I ran the detection tool from intel before applying the fix from Asrock, and it returned that my system is vulnerable. I ran the ME1 package from Asrock and restarted my machine. I then re-ran the detection tool from Intel. It returned that my system is still vulnerable.

Have I done something incorrectly?
Truman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:56am
On further inspection, I have the exact problem at Atma. I am running the x299 Taichi with an Intel Core I7-7800X. The error.log file shows, "Error 8704: Firmware update operation not initiated due to a SKU mismatch".
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Truman Truman wrote:

I have an Asrock Taichi x299. I ran the detection tool from intel before applying the fix from Asrock, and it returned that my system is vulnerable. I ran the ME1 package from Asrock and restarted my machine. I then re-ran the detection tool from Intel. It returned that my system is still vulnerable.

Have I done something incorrectly?

You are may not doing anything wrong. Some information I received, second hand, is that the X299 system is not yet included in the IME firmware update fix.

If you check the folder where the ME1 update program is, after you run the program you may find an error log file with an entry about why the update failed. It may be the same as other X299 users have seen, an SKU mismatch error. That means the SKU code of your processor is not included in the list of processors/systems that the IME update tool currently supports.

The "fix from ASRock" contains programs given to ASRock by Intel. ASRock or any other mother board manufacture does not create the programs that apply the IME fix. They also do not determine which processors/systems the fix applies to.

Only Intel can supply the IME firmware updates, either with the tool they gave to ASRock, or with an IME firmware update that is included in a UEFI/BIOS update. ASRock and the other mother board manufactures are just the middle man, the messenger of the fix. All they can do is give us what Intel gives to them. When will X299 be supported by the IME update program? I wish I could tell you.

Truman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:31am
Thanks Parsec. I'll keep an eye out on the Asrock website for updates. Maybe they'll post something if/when Intel issues a more complete fix.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 10:56am
Originally posted by apoisonedgift apoisonedgift wrote:

Intel's tool says my system is vulnerable... not really sure what else to do now?

If you received an error message, the IME firmware update did not happen.

Which update tool are you using? For a B150 chipset board, you should be using the ME2 firmware update package. The error message of Invalid File seems to indicate that is the case.

https://www.asrock.com/microsite/2017IntelFirmware/
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Truman Truman wrote:

Thanks Parsec. I'll keep an eye out on the Asrock website for updates. Maybe they'll post something if/when Intel issues a more complete fix.

Thanks for your patience! ASRock can only provide what they are given by Intel, so all we can do is depend on Intel in this situation.

Important question for you, what Intel processor are you using? An Intel document that is available includes the 7th Gen X-Series IntelĀ® CoreTM Processors in the list of those included in the IME firmware update tool. That may not make sense given your experience with the tool.

If you can let us know which Intel processor you are using, perhaps we can sort this out better for you and everyone.

apoisonedgift View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apoisonedgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Originally posted by apoisonedgift apoisonedgift wrote:

If you received an error message, the IME firmware update did not happen.

Which update tool are you using? For a B150 chipset board, you should be using the ME2 firmware update package. The error message of Invalid File seems to indicate that is the case.

https://www.asrock.com/microsite/2017IntelFirmware/

Ah yeah that was it, thank you! Previously the page didn't quite make much sense to me, so either they updates it or I was just having a dumb moment when I looked at it. I was under the impression ME2 was for corporate motherboards, and assumed that mine was a consumer board - thus it was not the case. Thanks for your help - all patched and sorted now according to the discovery tool :)
Kladno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kladno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 3:51am
Hi,

on the web for Asrock Extreme 7+/Z170/Skylake

I found today a new file:

Intel Management Engine driver ver:11.7.0.1045 12/6/2017 142.85MB

This file contains many files and seems to be just for Kaby Lake,
not Skylake, and I can not find any readme or instructions.

Although the name claims 11.7 inside are files like ME_11.8_Consumer_C0_LP.bin.
Also in folder 'HDCP Wireless Rx' certificates for HDCP.

But unfortunately I'm not sure how to work with it.

Edited by Kladno - 07 Dec 2017 at 4:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic