ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help motherboard no activity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xhyde1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help motherboard no activity
    Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 2:45am
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bBKcWX

I am ready to tear my hair out. I had my computer built in the case with everything connected. I went to turn it on for the first time, and the fans spun half a turn, and then turned off. Under the ?œASROCK??logo (cover) there was a blinking magenta light. I rechecked all connections, unplugged power supply and plugged it back in. Next time I pressed the power button, nothing spun up, but again underneath the ASROCK logo cover there was this time a greenish light that flashed once then it switched to magenta and continued flashing. When I say flashing it?™s about every couple seconds.

After this failure, I took everything out of the case and placed the motherboard on the motherboard box. I then disconnected almost everything. I only had the CPU, RAM, power supply, and cooler connected. Cables I had connected were the 24pin MB cable, the two 4pin CPU power cables, CPU fan, and the ?œHD AUDIO??header from the case. I plugged in power again, and nothing spun up, no beeps or error codes, only a blinking magenta light under the ASROCK logo cover.

At this point I did some googling and saw people with older revisions or similar models having success removing the CMOS battery or clearing CMOS. I removed the CMOS battery and disconnected power and let it be overnight (7 hrs). I cleared CMOS by moving the jumper on the 3 pin and then moved it back. This produced the same result as before ??blinking magenta light under the ASROCK logo cover.

I?™ve tried multiple RAM configurations. Leaving only one in, trying all the slots. No dice. My power supply came with a ?œtester??connecter which when connected to the MB cable, the power supply fan spins right up. Also, at one point during troubleshooting I disconnected the 8pin power cable from the PSU, and turned on power switch. The fans spun up (CPU cooler + PSU), but the PSU was clicking, and the magenta light under the ASROCK logo was flashing rapidly. I assume because it was telling me I needed to plug the 8pin power cable in. I reconnected the 8pin CPU power, and back to the old result of no activity except flashing magenta light under the ASROCK logo. I also tried shorting the header to jump the board ??didn?™t do anything.

Completely at a loss. Hoping it?™s something stupid I missed. I do suspect the motherboard is the culprit. I checked the pins and they appear to be fine. I just don?™t know why it won?™t even post or do anything except flash the magenta light. The manual does not contain any information on error codes or light flashes, and neither does the ASROCK website, so I have no idea what it means.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic