ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Troubleshooting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Troubleshooting
    Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 9:13pm
i would only say

i didnt for a minute think the included info on the manual was hard to understand

i think i was the first to answer your initial question
and looked and replyed in mere seconds
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
wussery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wussery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 11:14am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

hello

i am an engineer

but not for asrock

this layout is EXACTLY as i told you on the 23rd november

No disrespect intended. I wanted to confirm that this non-intuitive manner of connecting the cables was gospel from Asrock. You would agree that the manual describing the cable placement for the front panel is non-intuitive as described on pg. 29?
MOBO: ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB DDR4 3200
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC
PSU: EVGA 750 B3
Cooler: Cryorig C7
Boot Disk: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 256GB SSD
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 11:08am
hello

i am an engineer

but not for asrock

this layout is EXACTLY as i told you on the 23rd november
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
wussery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wussery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 10:15am
Here is the official response from Asrock Technical support on how the front panel cables should be connected to this motherboard.

Why they did it this way.... only an engineer's mind would know.

wussery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wussery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 9:14am
Originally posted by jurbanek jurbanek wrote:

Interestingly I am having the same trouble with an AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac that was delivered today (December 1st, 2017) as well.

AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac
AMD A8-9600 APU (integrated Bristol Ridge GPU) (temporary until Raven Ridge (Zen) APU's are released)
GeIL EVO Potenza GPR48GB2400C16DC  DDR2400

The CPU arrived with several bent pins and some obvious carton damage (plastic packaging was cracked). I straightened them and proceeded with install anyway hoping for the best.

CPU (with integrated GPU), motherboard, memory, and PSU only -- nothing else -- and no POST or beeping (added a working piezoelectric speaker for testing).

Tested PSU in other computer fine.
Used known working PSU with same behavior.
Tested memory in other (non-AMD) computer fine.
Used known working DDR4 with same behavior.
Tested memory one-by-one, swapping, etc.
Reset CMOS.

I can hear the CPU fan noticeably alternating between a high RPM and low RPM alternating about every 1.5 seconds -- no beeping at all from piezoelectric internal speaker (installed). When I hold down the reset switch the CPU fan spins up to maximum speed until I release it.

Seemingly issue is CPU or motherboard related. I have no way to test them individually. All I know is that the CPU arrived with bent pins (not the first time I have had to straighten) and internal packaging damage and the motherboard doesn't POST and more importantly doesn't beep at all (with a working piezoelectric speaker installed).

I requested replacement RMA from Newegg for both CPU and motherboard.

Funny we are both having a very similar issue with this new board on the same day. Best of luck to you.

I'll keep you and the forum updated on my experiences going forward. I just had my CPU and Memory chips picked up today by Fedex and probably won't get replacements from Newegg for 7-10 days. I'm still trying to nail down the exact configuration of the front panel cables as the manual is ambiguous about the placement of the Power Button and the Reset button. I am going to officially open up a ticket with Asrock support on this issue.

Best of luck and let us know your final resolution.
jurbanek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jurbanek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 9:05am
Interestingly I am having the same trouble with an AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac that was delivered today (December 1st, 2017) as well.

AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac
AMD A8-9600 APU (integrated Bristol Ridge GPU) (temporary until Raven Ridge (Zen) APU's are released)
GeIL EVO Potenza GPR48GB2400C16DC  DDR2400

The CPU arrived with several bent pins and some obvious carton damage (plastic packaging was cracked). I straightened them and proceeded with install anyway hoping for the best.

CPU (with integrated GPU), motherboard, memory, and PSU only -- nothing else -- and no POST or beeping (added a working piezoelectric speaker for testing).

Tested PSU in other computer fine.
Used known working PSU with same behavior.
Tested memory in other (non-AMD) computer fine.
Used known working DDR4 with same behavior.
Tested memory one-by-one, swapping, etc.
Reset CMOS.

I can hear the CPU fan noticeably alternating between a high RPM and low RPM alternating about every 1.5 seconds -- no beeping at all from piezoelectric internal speaker (installed). When I hold down the reset switch the CPU fan spins up to maximum speed until I release it.

Seemingly issue is CPU or motherboard related. I have no way to test them individually. All I know is that the CPU arrived with bent pins (not the first time I have had to straighten) and internal packaging damage and the motherboard doesn't POST and more importantly doesn't beep at all (with a working piezoelectric speaker installed).

I requested replacement RMA from Newegg for both CPU and motherboard.

Funny we are both having a very similar issue with this new board on the same day. Best of luck to you.
wussery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wussery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 10:46am
I have done what you recommended and it continues to power recycle. I have requested an exchange of my CPU and Memory sticks from Newegg and will update the group after the new parts arrive.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 9:06am
wussery, the only thing I can think of is to remove everything but the CPU and see if it powers up and seems to keep running, ie, does not power cycle.  Then add back in the video card, then memory.  Are all these parts the ones used before?  Have any of them been tested in another system?  Good luck, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
wussery View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wussery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 6:01am
The system will not post to BIOS as it does a constant power on/off.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 5:53am
wussery, if you can boot into BIOS (F2), please hit F9, then F10 and see if it will boot.  If you cannot, please do a Clear CMOS and try booting.  Good luck and enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic