ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can?™t boot with a drive connected x370 killer sli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can?™t boot with a drive connected x370 killer sli

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnthonyMarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can?™t boot with a drive connected x370 killer sli
    Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:03am
I simply can?™t boot whe I plug a drive on SATA. I have tried 5 different drives (ssd?™s from intel and crucial plus old HDD?™s). I changed the SATA cable and nothing happened. I updated the bios to 3.40 and everything seems to work fine beside that now, i can not use my pc as It doesn?™t boot when a drive is connected. I have an r7 1800x, 16gb Corsair 3200 ram and the ASRock x370 killer sli motherboard.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:23am
Originally posted by AnthonyMarin AnthonyMarin wrote:

I simply can?�t boot whe I plug a drive on SATA. I have tried 5 different drives (ssd?�s from intel and crucial plus old HDD?�s). I changed the SATA cable and nothing happened. I updated the bios to 3.40 and everything seems to work fine beside that now, i can not use my pc as It doesn?�t boot when a drive is connected. I have an r7 1800x, 16gb Corsair 3200 ram and the ASRock x370 killer sli motherboard.

Are you saying you installed Windows but it cannot boot?

Or are you saying the PC cannot complete POST and you cannot get into the UEFI/BIOS when a SATA drive is connected?

If so, that implies when you do not have any SATA drives connected, the PC can complete the POST process and you can get into the UEFI/BIOS. Is that correct?

Or is it something else that I don't understand from your post?

AnthonyMarin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnthonyMarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:25am
i cannot get to the bios when a SATA device is connected. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnthonyMarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:27am
and ye, when there is no SATA device connected, I can get to the bios.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by AnthonyMarin AnthonyMarin wrote:

i cannot get to the bios when a SATA device is connected. 

So POST is possibly failing, or possibly there is a problem with the power connections to the drives. I have had the latter issue myself, when using some molex to SATA power cable adapters.

What exactly happens when a drive is connected? We really need to know what the situation is.

Does it seem like the board starts, as in fans spin and the RGB LEDs are on, but you get nothing on the monitor? Or does the PC shut off shortly after turning it on with a drive connected?

What PSU are you using? How is a drive connected to the PSU, the PSU's SATA power cable? Are the drives in any type of enclosure, or just in the PC case with the data and power cable directly connected to the drives? The more description you can give, the better.

Did you try a different SATA power cable?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnthonyMarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:10pm
when I connect a drive and I startup the pc, everything starts normally (fans, rgb etc..) and then sometimes it showed the ASRock logo with the different keys to open bios etc but it closes the same second and re opens in a loop. I have tried different cables and different drives. My Psu is the ?œthermaltake tough power smart rgb 750w??And it seems that power does get to the drives as I hear my old Hdd spin. I have also changed of SATA power cable and it does not change anything. When I start it up, there is no beeps from the motherboard speaker i installed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic