ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error Code 07

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixelwerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error Code 07
    Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 9:24pm
This is not my first built but I'm completely stuck with this now with error code 07. I've tried assembling a Ryzen 7 1800X system on a Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Mainboard. Equipped with a 32 GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZR RAM-kit (it's on the QVL list for this mainboard).

* I've already reset the CMOS using the jumpers AND the version with removing the battery.
* I've tried using both RAM modules in A2/B2 as well as only one in A2

No matter what I try, I can't get beyond the error-message and the system keeps rebooting
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 2:07am
usual suspects are

is there a graphics card connected ?
have you connected the eps/cpu extra 8 pin pwr lead to mainboard
also try remove examine and reseat the cpu
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
pixelwerk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pixelwerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 6:57pm
There's a Graphic Card connected (EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3)
PSU (Corsair HX1000i) is connected to the mainboard via the ATX as well as the 8pin CPU power at the top left of the mainboard
I already reseated the CPU twice as well as trying all RAM slot combinations possible.

I've sent back the mainboard to ASRock since that what support adivsed me to do. Let's see if it works with the new mainboard. Support is pretty cumbersome with ASRock. When everything works out of the box, ASRrock mainboards are great boards in terms of performance and features. I've already assembled several machines with ASRock mainboards. 

But once you run into problems you're pretty much left alone and if something isn't working due to an old BIOS version, you still need a booting system, since you can't flash your BIOS without your system booting. I'm glad I don't have to rely on the workstation to work immediatley, since it's already taking me several weeks now

Edited by pixelwerk - 06 Dec 2017 at 6:58pm
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:13am
pixelwerk, here is a link to Dr. Debug codes:  http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=16017

07 - AP initialization after microcode loading

Does not make any sense to me.   Usually AP is the integrated GPU - none in Ryzen yet.  Perhaps that is why TSD gave you an RMA.  If you have more problems, please post all your specifications in your signature as I have.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic