ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGESA 1.0.7.2 is OUT!! Yay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 2:21am
What bugs are you all seeing?

I'm able to set voltage to 1.2 and manually OC to 3.8GHz on my Ryzen 1600 and my memory OCs via XMP just fine.
DrBrutal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBrutal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 6:22am
It is also impossible to overclock with my AB350 Gaming-ITX ... Unless there is a new function in the bios to activate the oc I do not know
donalgodon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 3:23pm
At 3700, both CPU-Z and Windows show my OC as functional and multiplier as x37 in CPU-Z, but my base clock reports 3.2GHz even though the CPU is going up to 3.7 under load.

In previous versions, the base clock was the same as the one I set in the BIOS.
Maddreg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maddreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 3:14pm
So all BIOSes with new AGESA were removed from Asrock website yesterday. It is clear why that happened but question is when revised ones will be uploaded again and which version will it be? :)
ASRock AB350M Pro4//Ryzen R6 1600@3800=1.275v+Macho rev.B//GTX 1060//Ripjaws V@3200 16-18-18-38-56=1.4v (2x8Gb)//Corsair RM550x
emertinsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emertinsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by donalgodon donalgodon wrote:

At 3700, both CPU-Z and Windows show my OC as functional and multiplier as x37 in CPU-Z, but my base clock reports 3.2GHz even though the CPU is going up to 3.7 under load.

In previous versions, the base clock was the same as the one I set in the BIOS.

I wonder if that has something to do with my issue as well: I suspect my 1600X is no longer boosting on load.

I made several changes as of late, benchmarking and stress testing after every one. Changes PSU, all well, changed Liquid Cooler, performing as usual. But last thing I got both mixed: I updated video drivers to the latest Adrenalin AMD drivers, and updated to BIOS 4.20 for my AB350M Pro4.

As usual, benchmarked, and found scores to be much lower than usual, best examples is Firestrike losing almost 1000 points (indication that it's CPU related is that the CPU Score fell 9-14% from previous runs), and RealBench came from 130k to 112k in average.

Tried reinstalling previous AMD drivers, rolling back to UEFI 3.30 and even clean windows install, and still to no avail. What I did notice is that the frequency under the Windows Task Manager varies and jumps all over the place, when before, it stuck at whatever the BIOS was set to (stock 3.6GHz). COuld it be that this update also broke "compatibility" with the Ryzen Balanced Power Plan?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic