ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty X370 no signs of power, only red blinking
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty X370 no signs of power, only red blinking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fedemas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty X370 no signs of power, only red blinking
    Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:37pm
buyed yesterday i tried: change psu, use only one ram in different banks, change vga, reset cmos via jumper and battery. I didnt try change the micro ryzen 1600 i don't have another.
Only blue light that after seconds change to red blinking light.
Helppp!
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 11:59pm
fedemas, please post all your specifications in your signature as I have.  Make sure both 4-pin and 8-pin power connectors for the CPU are connected correctly (4-pin not rotated).  Also make sure they are labeled CPU not PCIe. Sounds like a power mis-cable.  Check VGA cables also.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
fedemas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fedemas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 4:36am

Sorry I cant register because I cant access to my mail so I cant edit the signature

Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X

Ballistix Elite 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 UDIMM

BLE2K8G4D26AFEA

Point view Gtx 470 or RX 560

Psu corsair vx 550

Ryzen 1600

Chcked power connectors are connected and correct

Now im following this process and No beep in any case:

1"Pull everything except the CPU and HSF. Boot. You should hear a series of long single beeps indicating memory problems. Silence here indicates, in probable order, a bad PSU, motherboard, or CPU - or a bad installation where something is shorting and shutting down the PSU.

2 To eliminate the possiblility of a bad installation where something is shorting and shutting down the PSU, you will need to pull the motherboard out of the case and reassemble the components on an insulated surface.

When I turn on the PSU a big ligh on the mobo  turns BLUE light during 5-7 some seconds and then change to red blinking. Now im suspecting is the same code than the PLED mentioned in the manual (System Power LED) :

The LED is on when the  system is operating. The LED keeps blinking when the system is in S1/S3 sleep state. The LED is off when the system is in S4 sleep state or powered off (S5).

- In case of mobo error I would have the red light LED keeps blinking?

- In case of cpu error there is any special signal?

At this moment testing with 2 different PSU with everything Pull out everything except the CPU and HSF and out of the case over an isolated surface i have NO BEEP: SILENCE

Edited by fedemas - 07 Dec 2017 at 4:48am
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 5:46am
fedemas,  PSU of 550 Watts may be a little weak, you should try a more powerful one, maybe 650 W.  Unless you have added a speaker, there is nothing to beep.  Adding one would be useful.  I do not know what the various color and blinking lights mean.  I suggest you need to open an ASRock Support ticket and see if they can help and offer an RMA if needed.  Good luck and enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic