ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Extreme6 CPU temperature in UEFI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thorns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 Extreme6 CPU temperature in UEFI
    Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 4:16am
Hi,  my config is  Asrock z170 Extreme6 + i7 6700k + 16 gb ddr4 2400mhz    UEFI 1.2

The problem is  CPU temperature  in UEFI  = ~50C   to high??

In windows (8.1) is all ok    Idle 26C  and in Stress (prime)  62C     (real temp software)

No OC

is ok  or it was some mistake UEFI?  

thx
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 4:36am
I would say so long as temps are OK in OS under load you should be fine. I have noticed that temps in BIOS seem to be significantly higher than idle temps in every case I have seen, a lot of different boards from different manufacturers over the years. I suppose it depends on how the CPU voltage and usage is handled in the UEFI. 

I suspect your temps may be normal though without a Z170 system of my own to test I can't be sure. All I can say for certain is that your in OS temps fall into a more than healthy margin. 
cmezza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 3:20pm
Hello, I have a similar config (except Extreme7+) UEFI 1.60, and I just noticed the same issue.
At first I thought it was the thermal paste that needed to settle in (everything installed 3 days ago), but after testing "A-Tuning" in Windows 10, I noticed the temp was at 31°C, instead of 51°C in the UEFI a few seconds before starting the OS...

I'm not too worried, I guess it's a calculation/conversion problem somewhere that could be fixed in a future UEFI update.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic