ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x399 taichi nvme raid + sata boot?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x399 taichi nvme raid + sata boot?
    Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 9:03am
i set up my two m.2 drives in raid0, but i can't figure out how to get the motherboard to also allow booting from my sata optical drive or hard drive.

is there any way to accomplish this?

MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 9:21am
thenoser, exellent question!  Please see this thread: http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6859&title=x399-fatality-1950x-raid-problems
I need a lot more information.  Post your specifications in your signature as I have, including Windows and BIOS versions.  How did you create your RAID0?  I assume you used RAIDXpert2 (RX2), but BIOS or Windows?  What instructions did you follow to create your RAID?  What happens when you try to boot from the optical or HDD?  Is your HDD initialized GPT?  Have you tried F11 to boot the optical?  Did you use the UEFI-Optical entry?  TR RAID is VERY problematic, to say the least!  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 10:22am
Originally posted by thenoser thenoser wrote:

i set up my two m.2 drives in raid0, but i can't figure out how to get the motherboard to also allow booting from my sata optical drive or hard drive.

is there any way to accomplish this?

I'm not certain exactly what you mean, but the Boot Order option in the UEFI/BIOS, Boot screen, is where you select which device is checked first and used as the boot device.

Are you just saying you don't see the optical drive or HDD in the boot order?

Did you have a bootable media inserted in the optical drive?

Does the HDD have an OS installation on it?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic