ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need BIOS for Fatal1ty 990FX Killer/3.1 w/ TPM 2.0
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need BIOS for Fatal1ty 990FX Killer/3.1 w/ TPM 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunterSnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need BIOS for Fatal1ty 990FX Killer/3.1 w/ TPM 2.0
    Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 5:24am
Hello!

The Fatal1ty 990FX Killer/3.1 is my first ASRock motherboard and I have so far been very happy with all aspects of it. Big smile However, the motherboard, even with the latest BIOS, appears to have a compatibility problem with the TPM2-S TPM 2.0 module.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/spec/card.asp?Model=TPM%20Module

Even with both BIOS options for TPM set to enabled, the message "Support Turned Off" is displayed. Having researched this issue, it appears that many ASRock motherboards do not support TPM 2.0 without a BIOS update, which ASRock_TSD has so generously provided to at least two people inquiring via these forums.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5746#34288
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6627#39603

I contacted ASRock support Sunday, December 3rd, 2017 and have yet to receive a response, which is entirely understandable due to the recent barrage of holiday sales, which in turn surely increased their number of inquiries.

Would it be possible to provide me an updated BIOS that supports TPM 2.0 which also has all of the latest ROMs, AGESA, etc. available and compatible with my motherboard? The latest BIOS update available is 1.30 from 2/2/16, nearly two years and many revisions ago.

Thank you so much for your support, ASRock. I look forward to being a customer of yours for years to come. Party

Edited by HunterSnake - 11 Dec 2017 at 2:26am
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 5:39pm
Dear HunterSnake,

Greetings, this is ASRock TSD.

Regarding your case, please download the BIOS P1.30A from below link to support TPM2.0 module.
And update BIOS by instant flash method.

Thanks!

All the best,
ASRock TSD

HunterSnake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunterSnake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 4:29am
ASRock_TSD,

Thank you very much for your quick response! Clap

The latest BIOS for the Fatal1ty 990FX Killer/3.1 which you provided does appear to have corrected the TPM dysfunction. Smile Windows now recognizes the device as "Trusted Platform Module 2.0" under "Security Devices." TPM.MSC (run as administrator) displays that "the TPM is ready for use."

However, I am a little confused in that the BIOS still displays TPM as "Support Turned Off," even though it is enabled. Any ideas?

Thank you again for supporting your devices! Hug

Edited by HunterSnake - 13 Dec 2017 at 4:45am
Jarmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 10:48pm
hi there is an updated bios fatal1ty killer 990fx, ASRock TPM2-S Module (V2.0) circuit does not work in it?
SheepReaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheepReaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 6:47am
I would likewise like to have TPM 2.0 support for fatal1ty 990fx filler. Thank you.
Keitosha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keitosha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 10:15pm
Does anyone have a working link? This one is dead.

I also have a 990FX extreme6 which is basically the same board as this, minus the Killer NIC and 3.1 gen2 board. Any beta bios for this?
Spike811 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spike811 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2024 at 9:27am
I am in the same boat. Running a 990FX Killer/3.1 and would like a link to the bios 1.03A so that I can run a TPM module to satisfy Windows 11 requirements.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2024 at 5:34am
Originally posted by Spike811 Spike811 wrote:

I am in the same boat. Running a 990FX Killer/3.1 and would like a link to the bios 1.03A so that I can run a TPM module to satisfy Windows 11 requirements.

windows 11 requirements wont be satisfied even if you add TPM module, youll still need supported CPU

which means, you can still install win11 on unsupported platform as there are many guides available on google on how to do it, but TPM by itself wont magicaly make your old platform win11 compatible, unless you need TPM for bitlocker, than TPM by itself on your old platform is useless

Edited by kerberos_20 - 18 Jan 2024 at 5:35am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic