ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

usb keyboard incompatible

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pauloderezende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: usb keyboard incompatible
    Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 8:36am
i'm having trouble in configure usb and ps/2 keyboards with fm2a68m-dg3+p2.60 bios, in 76m0xb422625 motherboard, with windows 10. The keyboards seem crazy... usb is worst. i'm going crazy too! Can someone help me? i tried all options possible in bios, but the keyboard don't work.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:37am
Originally posted by pauloderezende pauloderezende wrote:

i'm having trouble in configure usb and ps/2 keyboards with fm2a68m-dg3+p2.60 bios, in 76m0xb422625 motherboard, with windows 10. The keyboards seem crazy... usb is worst. i'm going crazy too! Can someone help me? i tried all options possible in bios, but the keyboard don't work.

You list the FM2A68M-DG3+ board, but I have no idea what "76m0xb422625" is or means.

The default USB option settings in the UEFI/BIOS should allow any keyboard to work. The Legacy USB Support option should be set to Auto. If you haven't cleared the UEFI/BIOS yet, do that with the board's jumper, or at least try the Load UEFI Defaults option in the Exit screen.

The 2.60 UEFI/BIOS version has been available for almost two years, so if it had a basic problem with the USB ports and keyboards, that would have been known by now.

It's not clear if you have Windows 10 installed yet or not. Did you do a new, fresh Windows 10 installation, or did you do an upgrade?

If Windows 10 is installed, did you check the Device Manager entries for the USB ports and controllers? Did you install the AMD all in 1 driver ver:15.20.1065 chipset drivers from your board's download page:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A68M-DG3+/index.asp#Download

So both a PS2 and USB keyboard will not work at all with your board? There is no response on the monitor when you type? Is this the first time you are using this board? You purchased it new?

Windows 10 will only use its built in USB 3.0 driver for ALL of the USB ports. At least during a Windows 10 installation, you should use the USB 2.0 ports for a keyboard. The PS2 port should also work fine with a PS2 keyboard.

What keyboards are you using?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic