ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black screen, no USB working, fans running

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mihaistaretu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black screen, no USB working, fans running
    Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 1:38pm
Setup:
MOBO: ASRock A320M Pro4 Micro ATX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 quad-core
Memory: 16 GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2133
GPU: MSI GTX 1050TI 4GB (dual fan)
HDD: Toshiba 500GB 3.5" 7.2k RPM SATA
PSU: Corsair CX450 450W 80+

So starting about a month ago and becoming more frequent, I've been having my computer screen go black (says it doesn't have a signal, doesn't reconnect when I disconnect/reconnect to the GPU or switch it to MOBO output), keyboard and mouse stop working (both USB), USB bluetooth stops working, USB mic stops working, and ethernet light stops flashing. The computer seems to stay on, as the fans keep running and the power light stays on, not blinking (which it usually does while asleep). The fans will run for at least 24 hours, and only turn off when I hard boot the computer or remove power.

It originally only happened when I was playing games, which was likely because I use another computer for most work and only use this computer for gaming. This week, when I started spending more time on the computer to diagnose the problem it started getting these crashes during normal operation, even sometimes with no applications running. By yesterday, the crashes became so frequent that I had difficulty getting through boot and login to even see my desktop. When I did get to my desktop, it would crash within 1-2 minutes.

Earlier this week (before the computer became inoperable), I tried testing out some of the components to see if I could find the problem. I thought the GPU could be overheating and causing the black screen, so I monitored heat while running some high graphics games and never saw a temp over 55C. While running through event files I noticed automatic system diagnostics which had supposedly found the HDD and CPU were working fine (at least at the time of the diagnostic). I didn't find any event files which could explain the crashes themselves, although some warning said there was low memory. The HDD is several years old, but has 300+ GB free memory as of right now. I got the HDD in September from a friend who said he's never had problems with it. It was formatted in September when I put it in this PC. All the other parts are new.

Any ideas on what might be causing the problem? Any help is appreciated.

flv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 8:57pm
Same mobo, same CPU same problems.
Which mobo BIOS version have you installed?

I had problems with 3.10 but now with 4.10 and the subsequent downgrade has worsened

Edited by flv - 25 Dec 2017 at 5:54pm
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2017 at 11:34pm
1. update UEFI AND reset CMOS
2. try with all UEFI settings @ default
3. fresh install of Win 10
4. install AMD chipset drivers
5. disable C-states
6. try different PSU
7. check Win 10 error logs to see what errors are you getting before crashes
8. bake a live Linux USB and fiddle around for a few hours to see if you have crashes as well
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
flv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 1:42am
Update UEFI to while version? 3.30 is stable or not? How can I update if PC don't start and mobo don't read the USB keys?

Quando mi ero abbassato da 4,10 a 3,30, lo avevo gi?When I had downgraded from 4.10 to 3.30 I had already
Detected language : English
When I had downgraded from 4.10 to 3.30 I had already reset settings to default!
What's the C-States?
I had already changed the PSU, from Delta to EVGA 550W.

I will try. Thanks

Edited by flv - 25 Dec 2017 at 1:54am
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 3:06am
Please check here: http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6843&title=bios-for-a320m

Reverting from newer to older UEFI requires a DOS re-flash!

C states require a compatible PSU. They are basically telling the PSU to enter a low-power state.
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
flv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 5:26am
There is only 3.0 version in DOS format; the Instant Flash aren't OK? Do I need to downgrade to 3.0 DOS?

The PSU is this one! The defauld of A320M is disabled (power saving disabled).

Thanks.
Forma DOSDOS form

MOBO: ASRock A320M Pro4 Micro ATX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200 quad-core
Memory: 8GB DDR4-3200 HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3K2/8
GPU: ATI Radeon HD4350 512Mb 1 fan
HDD: SanDisk Plus SSD 120 GB  2,5" Sata III
PSU: EVGA 500 W1 80+ WHITE 500W
3,5 "7,2k3.5" 7.2k

Edited by flv - 25 Dec 2017 at 5:52pm
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 8:16pm
Hmm, you're right. Only 3.0 is listed for DOS... I'll open a new forum topic to ask if we can get the latest DOS versions.

Try this: clear the CMOS with the battery taken out; DOS-flash 3.0; restart; clear CMOS again; Instant Flash P3.30. Restart; clear CMOS again; install Win 10 anew.
flv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 9:12pm
Ok. 
Can I reset Bios with reset jumper instad of battery taken out?
It is difficult to access to battery.

I will try. Thank you.

PS. Thanks for the new forum topic; excuse me for my poor english.
Aprirò un nuovo argomento del forum per chiedere se possiamo ottenere le ultime versioni DOS.I'll open a new forum topic to ask if we can get the latest DOS versions.

Edited by flv - 25 Dec 2017 at 9:17pm
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2017 at 11:13pm
Best way to reset the CMOS is, with the battery taken out. Then disconnect the PSU power cable (230V or 110V, or whatever it is), move the jumper to CLR, press the PWR_BTN on the chassis for 10s, revert the jumper, put the battery and the PSU cable.

Don't worry for your English here. My Mandarin and Hungarian are still a bit rusty but who cares? :D
flv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:16pm
I had clear CMOS with the board reset jumper. 

The read USB key problem is disappared; it is the microSD USB reader that don't work. Whit a new USB reader and I new USB data key I haven't problems.

I had tested different BIOS version; I still have black screen problem sometimes when I start PC and frequently freeze.

I have changed the GPU, I have inserted a Geeforce 210 but  with this one I have always black screen. I have tested same GPU with a Intel PC and it works perfectly.

The Pro 4 mobo have 2 PCI-E slots; which must I use? Is it indifferent to use one or the other?

mihaistaretu which slot PCI-E do you use?

mihaistaretu quale slot usi?mihaistaretu which slot do you use?
Ho inserito un Geeforce 210 ma con questo ho sempre uno schermo nero.I have inserted a Geeforce 210 but  with this one I have always black screen.

Edited by flv - 07 Jan 2018 at 7:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic