ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asrock first experience becoming very bad (Solved)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock first experience becoming very bad (Solved)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elserge82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock first experience becoming very bad (Solved)
    Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 2:58pm
I have recently bought the X370 fatality gaming k4 board, first Asrock board. I had a problem with cha3 fan PWM not working and the fans were running at 700 rpm, not to mention that the  white board led light blinks only on ON and OFF . After asking for RMA , I received another one  that I temporary paid for (till I return the old one).
I also got some new probs with the new one :(  built in lan not detected at all and network leds completely off. On the old one I had a shiny sticker ultra m.2 but not on the new one.

My question is : is there anyway i can troubleshoot this lan adapter I don't want to take the hassle to remove and replace the board for the third time. (replacing all components and the water cooling system is not an easy task as it may seem)?
Is this board refurbished ? ( missing sticker on the ultra m.2 socket)?

Edited by elserge82 - 09 Jan 2018 at 6:28pm
Ryzen 5 1600, ASRock X370 fatality gaming k4, 2x16 GB T-Force 3000mhz, MSI GTX 1060 ITX 6GB GDDR5, Kingston SSD 250GB, Windows 10 64-bit PRO
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 5:19pm
I take it your RMA was from the place of purchase?

Try clearing CMOS using this method:
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=630&title=how-to-clear-cmos-via-battery-removal

If that does not work then return the board to your supplier again. It sounds like you may have been sent a defective board by the reseller when you returned the first one. Many resellers will "test" a returned board then send it back out to another client if it passes their tests. Sadly, all too often, the job of testing these boards falls to inexperienced techs or overworked support staff and things are overlooked. I am guessing by the fact that you were made to "pay" for the second board, your place of purchase is not very large. Most outlets will write off the cost of a return as being within acceptable losses to keep a customer happy (in the case where the original product is not returned or is lost in shipping). When it comes to buying PC parts it always pays to buy from reputable sources. Many small, independent resellers engage in shady practices like buying "factory reject" products and selling them on to clients for a larger profit or at reduced (tempting) prices. Your initial issue with the first board for example, a lot of people would not have bothered with a return if the rest of the board functioned correctly. 

Every manufacturer has a few boards that fail/don't work correctly from time to time, it just sucks to be the recipient of one. If you have a look around the forums here you will see that this does not happen very often, especially when you consider these forums are international. Rest assured, you simply got unlucky. ASRock will typically bend over backwards to help you. I have seldom seen such devotion to customer satisfaction which is why I stuck around on these forums and was subsequently invited to be a moderator here.

If you have further issues, please contact me via PM with the name of your place of purchase and your country of origin. I will pass this along to my contacts at ASRock and see if they can assist you further and perhaps investigate your reseller. 

Quote Is this board refurbished

Boards sent out as replacements by ASRock are almost always new, in some cases when a board passes the entire barrage of quality control tests for a second time or the issue with it was a corrupted BIOS etc it will be sent out to a client but in all these situations, these boards are thoroughly tested (more so than even new production boards) beforehand. As I said before however, it sounds like your replacement came from your place of purchase, not ASRock directly. This is common practice with most resellers, they will send you a replacement from their own stock, send your damaged product to the manufacture then receive and resell the replacement. Problems arise when they instead try to repair the products in house and sell/resend these. No reseller is equipped to perform the degree of testing that the manufacturer can.

Don't get me wrong, I am not defending ASRock here, I am simply trying to outline common issues with resellers and untoward practices that often get blamed on product manufacturers.
elserge82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elserge82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 7:03pm
Thank you Xaltar View Drop DownI'll start by clearing cmos:). Wish me luck

Edited by elserge82 - 16 Dec 2017 at 7:03pm
elserge82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elserge82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 2:52pm
I left my pc all night long with the jumper on reset and with removed battery, nothing changed.
The re-seller asked me to bring him back my tower for troubleshooting so this is my next step.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2017 at 3:30pm
Good luck Thumbs Up

elserge82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elserge82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2017 at 2:37pm
First of all Merry Christmas every one,
And the hits keep on coming, replaced the board everything looked perfect till I noticed that I am loosing my front usb 2.0 and 3.0  and 2 rear 3.0 usb. In bios everything seems normal, but I cannot use my wireless keyboard mouse for selecting my OSes (multi boot). it only works once after firmware update:S very weird.
elserge82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elserge82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2017 at 3:10pm
I converted MBR2GPT and changed the bios to uefi and everything worked perfectly till I decided to overclock. Again I lost the mentioned USBs earlier.

I would really appreciate any suggestion.
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 7:24am
My short experience with wireless mouse/kbd (and esp. w/ UEFI/BIOS) was short for a reason.

One thing comes to mind. Many users appear to be using the same board w/o any (reported) issues. You are among the 'lucky' few not to be on that list.

Maybe RMA is the right way?

Edited by zlobster - 28 Dec 2017 at 7:25am
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
elserge82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elserge82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 2:35pm
It is the 3rd board. I feel a bit uncomfortable requesting RMA.  I wish I had left my first faulty fan header.
1st faulty fan header.
2nd faulty network card and rgb
3rd faulty usb hub.

What should I double check next before leaving the store?
Ryzen 5 1600, ASRock X370 fatality gaming k4, 2x16 GB T-Force 3000mhz, MSI GTX 1060 ITX 6GB GDDR5, Kingston SSD 250GB, Windows 10 64-bit PRO
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 4:32pm
You shouldn't feel uncomfortable requesting a RMA. After all, you paid for it fair and square. There may be some specific country rules and regulations in your case, though. That, I don't know.

Getting a bad mobo 3 times in a row is starting to leak beyond the realm of luck. Especially when the same store is involved. It seems to me that the store MIGHT be just swapping the RMA boards between their clients.

Unfortunately, not even the 250EUR Taichi comes with a tamper sticker. I was able to open my box and gut it without a trace. I then re-packed the whole thing and nobody could tell it was opened in first place... I guess a 10c sticker is too much for manufacturers these days.

My advice - get a refund if you can. With the cash try another (more reputable) store. You could also try and explain your situation to someone from the store, who's not completely r-tarded, or maybe even the manager (granted he's not r-tarded as well). Ask them if you could try booting the mobo in front of them, run a live Debian USB and see if all is fine.
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic