ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[X370 TaiChi/1700X] P3.10 trouble

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
VUMeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VUMeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:14pm
I just flashed to P3.10 from P3.00, it went fine, BUT:

1. H/W Monitor tab still shows T-ctrl for it's temp display (no options to change that).  I'm not that fussed if this is the case, but maybe I misread and thought that it was changeable/did change.

2. The fan control options allow for a few options, one being T-die but is not labelled as such.  Unfortunately it doesn't actually work when in the OS!  I've set it to raise the fan speed from 30-50% from 39°C to 40°C, but it's doing nothing even way over at 50°C!

OpenHardwareMonitor and SpeedFan can both adjust the fan speed, but neither can read Tdie.

It seems that setting to use T-ctrl and offsetting the target temperatures +20°C may get the functionality back, but that is just what I was doing under P3.00.

3. User datonyb has indicated that with their own overclocked 1700 and voltage set to fixed mode, they have scaling voltage which reduces vCore under idle conditions.
Fixed mode is fixed for me, as I would have expected.  I punched in 1.30000v and that is exactly what I get with LLC3 +0.001v.  I am not overclocking.

4. Whilst I can't be sure this didn't happen before, I think the BCLK is moving around in it's own!  On Auto it should stay fixed at 100MHz, and it isn't.  I've observed in HWInfo64 that it was 102.1MHz max.  I set it to 100MHz manual and it still moves to 100.5MHz on occasion.  
I think this is a possible source for system instability right there!!!

#. Is there a complete change log for each BIOS/UEFI update?  I'd like to know just what was changed in P3.10 from P3.00.
X370 TaiChi | 1700X P3.10 stock clocks | (2x 16GB) 32GB FlareX 2400MHz.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic