ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fata1ty ab350 gaming itx/ac wont post

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddelgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fata1ty ab350 gaming itx/ac wont post
    Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 3:26am
New build. Amd ryzen 1400, 8gb corsair ddr4 2666mhz vengeance lpx memory. Fans come on. No video. High low beep tone repeats.

Wont boot.
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 3:41am
Haaaapy New Yeaaaaaaaaaar! Party

Check this: https://ddr4motherboard.com/beepcodes/ASROCK-FATAL1TY-AB350-GAMING-ITX-AC

Your 'beepings' sound more like the siren, that is described in the link above. Try re-seating ALL components like CPU, RAM, GPU, CPU cooler, power cabling, etc. Then clear the CMOS and try again.

P.S. I don't see a GPU in your build. Is that true? Ryzens don't have integrated video.
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
Eddelgado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddelgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 8:38am
Oh crap!   So the current series of Ryzen cpus will not drive the video ports on the mobo?

Would that cause the alarm beep?
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Eddelgado Eddelgado wrote:

Oh crap!   So the current series of Ryzen cpus will not drive the video ports on the mobo?

Aye! Sorry, but AMD decided to go without integrated GPU in the first generation Ryzens. Cry You need a dedicated graphics cards. You'll get video from the motherboard only if you use APU.

Would that cause the alarm beep?

Could be, although I doubt it. Double-check the CPU cooler and its cabling. If you indeed get the same 'siren' I'm thinking, then it's about 'low CPU Fan speed, Voltage Level issue', as stated in the link. Make sure the CPU fan is connected properly to the respective fan headers. Refer to the manual for more info on the fan headers on your board.

Your Ryzen comes with a nice little cooler. Make sure you haven't plugged the CPU cooler's RGB header only. While the RGB header is not mandatory, the fan header is! Is your CPU fan spinning when you turn on the mobo?

Check all power cabling, clear CMOS and give it a go! Oh, and don't forget to put a GPU there in advance! Tongue
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
Eddelgado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddelgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 2:03pm
I pulled the cpu and fan and checked and reinstalled and it all looked fine. Have checked ram and moved to other slot and same results. I get power supply, case, and cpu fans all spinning up when I turn on the pc.

Ive got hard drive disconnected at this point.

Have not been able to identify the problem.

I am pluged into the cpu fan header. Fan included is very simple. No lights or anything fancy with this model.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 4:35pm
You need a discrete GPU, the display outputs on the board are only active with AMD A-Series APUs. This is a common point of confusion because AMD decided to use a single socket for both their CPU lines, formerly AM3+ (no integrated graphics) which has been replaced by Ryzen 3 - 7 and FM2+ (APUs that do have integrated graphics). To support APUs on the same socket there are display outputs on most AM4 motherboards, they are not however usable with Ryzen 3,5 or 7 CPUs.

No graphics card, no post unless you have something like an A12 9800 (for example) 
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2018 at 11:04pm
My bad about the RGB LED on your CPU cooler. Ryzen 1400 comes with the only cooler from their new lineup which doesn't have RGB bling.

The rest stays valid, you do NEED a dedicated GPU. No point in further troubleshooting until you pop a video card there in the mix.

Another thing in general - removing and re-seating the CPU cooler is best done when you replace the TIM, aka thermal paste. Simply taking out the cooler and placing it again is not good enough.

If the CPU fan is spinning and I'm 'hearing' your alarm right - some voltage(s) may not be in the required ranges - bad mobo, bad PSU. Again, only after a GPU is added.

Eddelgado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddelgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 8:00am
Ok Ive got a basic video board on the way. Will try to spin it up again once that comes in   
Eddelgado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddelgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 8:14pm
New video board installed and nothing has changed. Also isolated the motherboard from the case with same results.   Will be testing power supply voltage outputs next. Not a lot of fun.
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 8:24pm

New video board installed and nothing has changed. Also isolated the motherboard from the case with same results.   Will be testing power supply voltage outputs next. Not a lot of fun.

Don't bother! RMA!

All the guys here who went for RMA are now happy Ryzen users.

Cough, may I personally suggest another brand? Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic