FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H110 PRO BTC+ Boot Problem - USB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H110 PRO BTC+ Boot Problem - USB
    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:12pm
Being a full size board why not use a small SATA HD for ethos ?
Just curious why using what many would consider an inferior and much slower boot device if there are other options.
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
Elektrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elektrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 12:59am
The same issue here, using USB boot is impossible because it completely hangs and requires physical assistance (change USB ports place). This is reported for more than a year already, nobody fixes this...
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:06am
Did you turn off Secure Boot in the BIOS ?
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
argamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 10:24am
I am pretty much experiencing this issue. From a cool boot, I get into the UEFI boot menu.
I just need to unplug and replug the USB stick and hit reset and it boots the USB stick properly.

Rebooting is fine; as long as the rig is not shut down. Else, I have to go through the same manipulations.
S0lid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S0lid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 7:08am
I have the exact problem usually moving the usb to another port works

But its annoying as i need to to go physically to my rig to reboot

Edited by S0lid - 21 Feb 2018 at 7:09am
chipo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 8:42am
After looking through the other topics and posts, I need to ask for help with the H110 PRO BTC+.
My issue after following all the posted guidelines remains.  

When I lose power, (always power on is set in BIOS) and power returns, or I power off the PSU and turn back on, the box ends up at an ASRock UEFI screen.  If I save and exit OR press the reset button on the motherboard, it boots normally.  My OS is ethos on a USB stick.  

This is repeatable and consistent.

If I issue a reboot command from with ethos, it starts to reboot and is stuck on the ASRock Screen (Press F2 or DEL, F6, F11, Tab).  It is not responsive to keyboard commands of any kind (USB keyboard).  If I press the reset button on the motherboard, it comes back to the same splash screen. 

This is repeatable and it never boots.

Then I can turn the PSU off and back on.  It starts up and stops at the ASRock UEFI Screen.  As in the first scenario, I can either press the reset button or do a save and exit, the box boots up normally from the USB stick.

I have not run into any riser, PSU, memory, cpu issues as others have posted in the forum.  This is however a real problem for miners as it means we cannot have the boxes remote.  We need to be physically near them to restart for whatever reason.

thanks for your assistance,
chip

chipo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic