ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 bios options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 bios options
    Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:37pm
Hi :-)

I've had this great little mobo for the past few months with everything running sweet. Still getting used to all the bios options and just out of curiosity, I've noticed there's two seperate settings for the onboard HD audio controller. One I have enabled and use, the other doesn't seem to do anything when enabled.

Also when I disable the 'onchip' sata controller in bios which i assume is the asmedia sata controller, it still shows up in windows. I have three seperate sata controllers in windows too. Is this normal?

Ryzen 5 1600
AB350 Pro4
16GB Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4-2666HMz
GTX 1060 6GB
Windows 7 x64
BIOS 3.30
php42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote php42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 2:08am
i have the same board and windows shows 3 sata controllers for me as well. been using it for months with no issues so i don't think you need to worry.

i don't use the onboard audio so i could be wrong, but i seem to remember that the audio setting is for switching between the onboard audio and a dedicated soundcard, if present?
Connors View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 3:25am
Originally posted by php42 php42 wrote:

[URL=][/URL]i have the same board and windows shows 3 sata controllers for me as well. been using it for months with no issues so i don't think you need to worry.

i don't use the onboard audio so i could be wrong, but i seem to remember that the audio setting is for switching between the onboard audio and a dedicated soundcard, if present?

Thanks, makes it a little clearer. Still getting used to the ryzen/am4 bios settings
Great mobo' btw
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 4:04am
Originally posted by php42 php42 wrote:

i have the same board and windows shows 3 sata controllers for me as well. been using it for months with no issues so i don't think you need to worry.

It's the same with the Taichi as well.
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
mordelismo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mordelismo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 5:16am
After the update, the screen turns black and no image appears. How can I recover the BIOS, Is there anything I can do to restore it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic