ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z270 M2 Wifi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z270 M2 Wifi
    Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 8:05am
I have a Z270 Pro4, and installed an Intel 8265 Wifi/Bluetooth card and dual antennas. The Bluetooth worked instantly, but I can't get the system to show the WiFi. I've installed the latest bios (2.30) and Intel wireless drivers (Windows 10 64-bit).

The system image in the bios indicates that the M2 Wifi slot is empty. Not possible with the BT working.

The only Bios item I can find is WAN Radio, and it is enabled.

Any ideas?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 12:01pm

Dear DonB,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, we have built a system in our lab, with BIOS (P2.30) default setting, Wi-Fi works properly.

Also, the BIOS system browser should show M.2 Wi-Fi card installed.

If possible, please install your Wi-Fi card to another system to check if the card is working.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

DonB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 12:50am
I do not have another system that uses an M.2 WiFi, so I can't test the card. I do have two cards, however. One is an 8265NGW and the other is a 7265NGW. In both cases the card is not seen by the system browser, but BT works and WiFi is not seen.

I purchased the 8265 when the 7265 didn't work, thinking that was the problem, but apparently it wasn't.
urkal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:02pm
sounds like a antenna problem. What if you put the router right next to the computer?

Edited by urkal - 15 Jan 2018 at 8:04pm
DonB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 11:45pm
Urkal, you are seriously not understanding the problem. It is not a problem with the WiFi signal, it is a problem with the motherboard recognizing the WiFi card. The signal would come way after that.
urkal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:18am
Yeah I did reply in a hurry.

Go in to Storage Configuration in bios and try setting the M2_ stuff from auto to "Force M2"     
DonB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 5:44am
That sounded promising, but there are no M2 options in Storage Configuration for auto, forced, or anything else.

Note that the other 2 M2 slots are in use without problems. M2_1 has a Crucial MX300 1TB SSD, and M2_2 has a Samsung 960 PRO 2TB PCIe NVMe.

urkal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urkal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 6:38am
I'd shut the PC down, take the battery out of the motherboard and wait for 5 minutes to reset cmos. It's worth a shot and has sometimes fixed compatibility problems for me in the past.

If that doesn't work I'd test with one of the m2 ssd's out.

I installed a intel AC 9260 without problem the other day. Just had to enable "Radio Lan" in bios but I also don't have m2 ssd's.
ahunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 6:27pm
I just put together my new computer, with a stock x299 motherboard and installed the intel 9260ngw WiFi module (m.2 type e) into the m.2 type e port on the motherboard and my motherboard doesn?™t detect that it is installed. Can?™t see it in bios, can?™t see it in windows (fresh win 10 x64 pro install). Updated bios from 1 to 1.3 but that didn?™t fix it. Any suggestions?
ahunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 9:12pm
Update:
After running windows update, windows said there were updates to intel proset and intel Bluetooth. During the update my system crashed, code NDIS, indicating a network adapter issue upon detecting and installing the 9260 device. After the system restarted, Bluetooth was there, but WiFi was not, and in device manager the wireless device intel 9260 has a ????In the icon next to its name and if I double click on it then it says windows is still trying to install this device. Uninstalling the device and scanning for hardware changes results in the same blue screen. Uninstalling the device and the drivers and reinstalling the drivers results in the same blue screen. Tried the current version of intel proset wireless driver, 20.50.0, and the previous version of intel proset wireless, 20.40.0.4, which are the two most recent versions of the 5 available from intel for the 9260. Will try the last 3 versions now...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic