ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock AB350 Pro4 Motherboard Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock AB350 Pro4 Motherboard Problems
    Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 6:29am
Originally posted by Andrew1183 Andrew1183 wrote:

Uh, yeah, so I ordered that MSI Tomahawk board. Wish me luck.

it should be good theres a few you tube guide to bios etc
two off the top of my head are emerald someone and ancient gameplays

dont rush to update the bios to too late a version im not sure if its got the new agesa version yet but
1.8 should be fine for you (agesa 1.0.0.6.)
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Andrew1183 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew1183 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 4:46am
Thanks for the help guys. And as I type this, I'm pulling a dead stick of RAM out of my own machine just to get it out of an endless power on / off cycle. I can't seem to catch a break with computers lately.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 4:23am
Thread cleaned up. Sorry for the inconvenience guys. 
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 2:55am
Good luck Wink

Sorry to hear about all your issues with the ASRock board, sadly it happens with all brands at one point or another Ouch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew1183 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 2:10am
Uh, yeah, so I ordered that MSI Tomahawk board. Wish me luck.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:08pm
i would agree with you there about the guy needing to learn

but quite how this supports your point about msi vrm being no good is beyond me ?

its like saying a certain engine is bad becuase heres a link to a guy emptying engine oil out and driving it down the freeway until it blew a rod out the side of block........

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:53pm
haha i read the first line of that linked forum and stopped right there.............

the poster had used a water cooler ,and gave absolutely no thought to vrm cooling solution he had just removed from designed idea................

of course he had heat issues !  the stock fan it actually designed to downdraught air into the vrm heatsinks, when you remove it and use a waterblock there is no airflow into the vrm area

SCHOOLBOY ERROR !

of the three tomahawk boards i have been involved in none have vrm heat issues, similar to the asrock b350 pro4 there are quite decent heatsinks fitted to the vrms compared to other models and brands of b350

to be honest on the subject of the linked post at 4ghz someone needs to pay a lot more attention to the overall system AND THE SIDE EFFECTS

i'll stick by my own experiance and still state at the £100/$100 area the msi tomahawk seems the best all round choice (i would love to be able to say the asrock pro4 but the bios is a weak point still in my eyes,allthough the mechanical design e.g. vrm and heatsinks etc are great for a b350)

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 2:10am
Originally posted by Andrew1183 Andrew1183 wrote:

Probably not, but the guy didn't seem to be venting out the back or top of the case.

That will do it, especially if your fans are pulling through the rad into the case. If I turn my exhaust fans too low or off my VRM temps jump up pretty quick even on my Taichi. So long as you dump the heat out of the case fast it works fine but using your rad fans as intakes will build heat quick. I like the look of a front mounted rad so I make sure I have enough exhaust fans to compensate. Ideally you want the rad top mounted as exhaust with your front populated with 2 or 3 120 or 140mm fans, this should keep the VRMs nice and cool. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew1183 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 1:54am
Probably not, but the guy didn't seem to be venting out the back or top of the case.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 1:25am
i have 4 12cm fans on 1 radiator..is that a problem? airflow is sweet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic