ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock AB350 Pro4 Motherboard Problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Osminymus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osminymus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 10:43pm
I have the little brother of your board and I experience freezing and random reboot, and also I cannot restart it it will freeze upon trying to boot up, all fans spinning but no boot so I need to force shutdown and then power on. I tested ram in dos and its ok, changed 2 diff gpus still same, and done other things, now I am down to motherboard or cpu, and I plan to send back both to my seller so he can test and give me replacement for one of them or both if both cpu and mobo are bad..its frustrating I feel the same it will be atleast a week or two of waiting..
php42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote php42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:09pm
i have the same board and have never experienced anything like that, definitely sounds like a bad board.
i would just RMA it.
Andrew1183 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew1183 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:51am
I ran a couple of programs to provide some additional info on temps, speeds, voltages, etc it helps.

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag108/Andrew1183/Temps_zpsnggr6vuk.jpg

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag108/Andrew1183/Info_zpsqjk6tkxq.jpg

Edited by Andrew1183 - 16 Jan 2018 at 11:02am
Andrew1183 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew1183 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:38am
First off, the specs...

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (CMK16GX4M2A2666C16W)
Corsair H60 Cooler
EVGA Supernova G3 550W PSU
GeForce GT 730
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB SSD
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Rewriter

So I'm literally at the end of my rope with this build and I'm about to hang myself with the PSU cable out of frustration. This is my first AMD build and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong on my end, I need to tweak one setting that is buried in the BIOS somewhere or there's just something wrong with the motherboard itself. I've scoured the interweb for some kind of solution and it's brought me here as a last resort for help.

Starting at the beginning, I got Windows 10 to install and it boot up fine. It will seemingly run fine idling for a bit, but then crash for no reason. In addition, Windows was not recognizing 8GB out of the 16GB installed, also indicating a portion was reserved for hardware. I don't see why there should be any reserved for video, since 1, I've got video card in there, and 2 the processor (Ryzen 5) doesn't allow for video output from the motherboard. I was running Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2133MHz C13 (CMK16GX4M2A2133C13) but a member of another forum suggested that might be the root of my problem so I switched to the ones on the QVL listed at the top. Same issue. Sticks are plugged into and seated properly in slots A2 & B2 as per the manual. The only way I can get Windows to recognize both is if they are seated in A1 & A2.

The BIOS is also indicates they are running in single channel mode no matter what I do. The hardware monitor is all over the place, showing my CPU temp at 204 degrees C, my mobo at -1 degrees, and my fan speed at over 65,000 RPM. This thing should literally be melting, freezing and blowing air like a jet engine all at the same time. Flashing to a newer BIOS version has had no effect either.

Last but not least, I cannot get it to power down when I shut down Windows. I even wiped the SSD and installed Windows 8.1 just to see if it was a Windows 10 issue with power management, fast booting and everything else I came across online. Same issues with both operating systems. The thing appears to shut down and my monitor goes to into no signal mode, but the PSU, case and cooler fans keep going. I left the running for a good 3 hours at one point but the only way I could get it to shut off was to hold the power button.

I'm at a total loss and about to RMA this board unless someone can suggest anything that might solve my issues.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic