ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A320M cannot enable fastboot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stgFX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A320M cannot enable fastboot
    Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:30am
Hi all,
I know it's a budget board, but I have some problems with it...

Setup:
A320M, bios 3.10
Ryzen 5 1600
1x8GB Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, running at 2666 via XMP profile (not stable at 3000)
ADATA SX7000 M.2 PCIe SSD (GPT)
Asus Radeon RX 560 2GB
Corsair CX450M
Windows 10 Pro x64, all available updates up to date, installed as UEFI
USB keyboard and mouse, LAN cable attached

The problem is I cannot turn on FastBoot. The option says either Disabled or Ultra Fast, but no standard Fastboot. CSM is disabled, secure boot is on in standard mode. I've tried all possible combinations, but I could not get it working.

If I turn on Ultra fast boot, I cannot enter UEFI even with "Restart to uefi" utility, the PC just restarts back to windows.

Any help appreciated.

Edited by stgFX - 17 Jan 2018 at 1:36am
delukz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delukz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 3:28am
I think ultra-fast mode = fastboot on.
Anyway, I don't recommend fastboot, you have an SSD and it's annoying not being able to get into the bios.
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 3:32am
My Taichi clocks 20s with all the RAM training and no fast boot. Since I don't use hibernation and sleep, I've disabled fast boot in Win as well.

20s are nowhere near bothersome for me. I always prefer hardware doing its full internal checks.
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
delukz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delukz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 3:36am
20 seconds, what a shocker!

I want to take you back to the nineties.
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 3:41am
Originally posted by delukz delukz wrote:

20 seconds, what a shocker!

I want to take you back to the nineties.

Even if you power-up 6 times a day (now that's a shocker), and it takes you 30s to boot each time, it adds up to whooping 3 minutes. Honestly, what do you gain in these 3 minutes? I can't even jack off that quick... Embarrassed
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
stgFX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stgFX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:38am
Ultra fast is not the same as fastboot, there are supposed to be 3 options in that menu (Enabled, Dsiabled, Ultra Fast), but I only see two (Disabled, Ultra Fast).

The other thing, not rebooting to UEFI, must be clearly a bug of some sort, I have other older ASRock board and it works just fine.

One thing I've also noticed about the board that it takes quite long to power up - like 5 seconds just to see the BIOS info screen, that's quite a long time...

Another bug I've detected is that when I use PS2 keyboard and Ultra Fast boot is on, the keyboard does not work.

Edited by stgFX - 17 Jan 2018 at 4:48am
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:59pm
i just checked bios rom and there isnt any "enabled" hidden option...only disabled/ultrafast..
rebooting to uefi should put some record to cmos...if nothing happennin than cmos isnt not accessible for some reason (can be anything from drivers to services, can be also bad cmos data)

well i just tought of something
if u disconnect your boot drive (hdd), u should be able to enter uefi as whenever boot drive changes, uefi pops up
stgFX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stgFX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:57pm
I've opened up the BIOS in AMIBCP and you are right, there is no Fast option present. This is really strange, because other boards do have it, like HERE I tried opening the oldest version too, but the option never seemed to be there. Although the description clearly mentions fast mode

Disconnecting the system drive is not a solution to enter BIOS in Ultra Fast mode... I have older ASRock board, Z87E-ITX, and this tool works like a charm, so there is clearly something wrong here.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 8:50pm
well
to be honest its seems that 3rd fast (not ultrafast) option should be this:
fastboot - disabled
csm - disabled
and u should have non ultra fast boot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic