ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to buy a TPM2-S Trusted Platform Module?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to buy a TPM2-S Trusted Platform Module?
    Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 2:41pm
I have a new ASRock Z370 Taichi and I need a TPM module for it: version 2 as shown on the ASRock website http://www.asrock.com/mb/spec/card.asp?Model=TPM-S%20Module. I can't find any sellers on the internet that don't list the item as out of stock. Where can I get one of these?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 10:52am

Dear TonyTech,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

About the TPM2.0 module, please contact the local distributor for further assistance.

Distributor information:

http://www.asrock.com/general/buy.asp

Also, Z370 Taichi supports Intel Platform Trust Technology.

You can enable Intel PTT under BIOS Security page.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

Knight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 2:08pm
eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Asrock-TPM-S-Modul-V2-0-BULK-Nuvoton-NPCT650-per-Windows-8-1-10-Bitlocker/122649207964?epid=502694646&hash=item1c8e76649c:g:U~cAAOSwL5pZiaEt

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASRock-TPM2-S-Module-fur-Sicherheitsbaustein-Zubehor-bulk-TPM2-S-BULK/122915869874?epid=502694646&hash=item1c9e5b54b2:g:scAAAOSwDVtaXPqF
8700k, Z370 Gaming K6, TridentZ RGB 3200, 1070 FTW, 960 EVO
TonyTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

About the TPM2.0 module, please contact the local distributor for further assistance.

Distributor information:

http://www.asrock.com/general/buy.asp

I would like to purchase one as a consumer from a retailer in the USA. Where can I buy one? Please provide a website link. Thank you.
TonyTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

Also, Z370 Taichi supports Intel Platform Trust Technology.

I did not know about the PTT technology. It may be all I need. I just need Bitlocker to recognize SED SSDs and avoid software encryption by the OS. I'll try it and post my results back here in a few days.
mtnman1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtnman1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 9:14am
I've been trying to get PTT working for hours and see the TPM in device manager but it will not start. It actually did once right after I installed the newest Intel ME but after a reboot it disappeared and I can't get it back. Did you get it working? I am going start a new thread since the TPM modules are out of stock everywhere.
TonyTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by mtnman1000 mtnman1000 wrote:

I've been trying to get PTT working for hours and see the TPM in device manager but it will not start. It actually did once right after I installed the newest Intel ME but after a reboot it disappeared and I can't get it back. Did you get it working? I am going start a new thread since the TPM modules are out of stock everywhere.

I had to change course away from my computer build but anticipate returning to it very soon. I did get the PTT activated in the UEFI and Windows recognized an enabled TPM (I enabled it via the UEFI, rather than via Windows). Bitlocker did not work though, for it did not use the SSD's hardware encryption facilities. I was trying to encrypt the boot drive, and did not try to encrypt a data drive. I have a few things left to try in getting Bitlocker to work on the boot drive (but that may be impossible). (I noticed that my drive partitioning script did not set the boot partition as active, so that could have an effect). I have a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 drive and the process is very painful to get eDrive compatibility enabled, but that is what is required. Again, for all I know, and I've done much internet research on the matter, getting hardware encryption to work on a boot drive with Bitlocker, with the hardware I have, may be impossible.

I received notice a few weeks ago from Amazon that TPM-2S was available, but I was too late in ordering to receive one and they are now again nowhere to be found. I really don't see why having a hardware TPM would make a difference, but you never know.

I hope to try a few more installs of Windows this week. I'll post here when I do.
gman737 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gman737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 10:42am
I purchased one on eBay from eeemarket (the second ebay link in post #3) a month ago. It was legit and not part of the Infineon TPM security breach (it uses a Nuvoton chip). It sucks they are out of stock now. I believe Bitlocker will only work with a TPM module and not with Intel PTT.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic