ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x399 Сry from the heart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XPuska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x399 Сry from the heart
    Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:38am
Hi
At once I apologize for my English, rather English Google translate :)

I'll start from the beginning: This is the most crooked and unstable board of all that I have ever seen.
The configuration of the system is as follows: 1950?, ASrock ?399 Fatal1ty, 4?8 GB 3600 ram (@ 3333), GeForce 1060, Geforce 1050Ti.

The problem is that if you turn on an ultra fast boot, the Windows system boots normally, but after the first reboot the keyboard stops working (even Num Lock does not work) and I can not enter the password, not that in the account but in the bitlocker.
I have to reset the settings to the factory settings.

With the fact that ultra fast boot does not work, I resigned myself, but I now have a conflict with video cards. I have 6 displays, 3 displays on one video card, 3 displays on the other.
If you use windows 7 then hibernation and sleep mode do not work. If you remove any one video card from the PCI-e, the hibernation and sleep mode starts working.
And it's not about the drivers. Also there is an option to enable sleep mode if you insert one card in PCI1 (16x) and the second in PCI2 (8x) then cross fingers and 10 times reinstall the driver on the graphics card.
I want to draw your attention to the fact that this applies to Windows 7. And as for me it's not quite the correct operation of the equipment.

With Win10, the situation is more complicated: Here the system sees all the video cards, sleep and hibernation work (regardless of which slots I will insert video cards), but in the process of work starts to slow down the explorer, the start button and all moving elements. You can fix this only by disabling one of the video cards (you can programmatically).

Also, if you reset the default UEFi settings, the first time you boot, it will show the display that is connected to the video card on (PCI-e 1)
But if UEFI set ultra fast boot, or set in CMS - UEFI in the video section, then after the settings are applied, the display that is connected to the other slot (PCI-e 4) is already working, and after the boot operating system , the OS does not see the first video card

You probably will tell me right away that the problem with video cards, drivers and other tales, but it's not. I've tried different video cards, even replaced them with AMD R9 290 - the situation is the same.

NEXT:
In UEFI> Advance> CPU Configuration there is an option AMD fTMP swith, there are only 2 sections of "ADM CPU fTMP" and "Disable", although judging by the description there should be 3 positions (AMD CPU fTMP, OffBoard LPC, OnBoard SPI TRM2.0)

And I'm still silent for an incomprehensible temperature, which is 27 degrees more than it should be, even if I duplicate it on dr.debug

And IOMMU is buggy - but this is not news for you.

In general, I'm completely disappointed in this board. Most likely I will never buy ASROCK again.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:18am
XPuska, thanks for the entertainment.  I hope you are aware that this is a user forum and very seldom does an ASRock employee post.  I and even the moderators are unpaid volunteers.  Ever now and then, ASRock_TSD does respond.  Please open a ticket with ASRock and give them your vitriol.  I should point out that the only officially supported OS is W10, version 1703 and higher.  It would seem not surprising that W7 does not work well and you may not get any support.  It does not look like you really want any help, so I will not offer any.  I am sure ASRock will love to hear from you.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic