ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350M Pro4 Potentially Located Freezing Issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mpw90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpw90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350M Pro4 Potentially Located Freezing Issue
    Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Alesilver91 Alesilver91 wrote:

Hi, I guess I'm having the same issue as you here. I just bought all the components a couple of weeks ago, already changed the motherboard to another ab350m pro4 and keep having the same issue. So is there a way to solve this or I should just return it? I am still in time to return the mobo and buy a different one.

Can you try something for me?

If you have an external/independent GPU (i.e. graphics that aren't on your CPU), then change the slot that it's in to the furthest away. I.e. change the GPU slot.

If that solves the problem, then you have a board that has a PCIe to chipset communicate issue that forces the board to lock up. I'm on my fourth board, and one of them did this.
Alesilver91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alesilver91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 4:48pm
Hi, I guess I'm having the same issue as you here. I just bought all the components a couple of weeks ago, already changed the motherboard to another ab350m pro4 and keep having the same issue. So is there a way to solve this or I should just return it? I am still in time to return the mobo and buy a different one.
mpw90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpw90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 10:29pm
Update: the issue was that I had FOUR, yes FOUR, faulty ASRock AB350m Pro4 boards. The GPU in the PCIE Slot 2, (i.e. PCIe Gen3 slot) was causing issues for the board. 

I have new issues with the board, but it is not freezing as it used to. It is mostly related now to BIOS not storing values, and overclocks not holding. Stocks speeds are presenting stuttering in games with all other hardware removed where appropriate. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by mpw mpw wrote:

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Thx for the clarification.

Power or a shorting issue.

Did it behave this way when you had built it outside the case?

If it did, I here would be getting a different PSU to test with.

You've done everything BUT consider the PSU. That seems to be the constant across all you've done. The PSU remained the same.

Would a shorting issue allow the monitors to remain powered? I am not great with electronics, but wouldn't a short mean that eventually the capacitors in the motherboard would discharge, and we would see the system turn off?

I haven't actually tested outside of the case, which is something I will do, should this new board not work when it arrives. Is this always recommended, and is there anything wrong with the PSU touching the case? I understand sometimes there are little rubber inserts that can be used with a PSU.

To be fair, the GPU is also only slightly tested. I cannot test without the GPU due to the system not allowing for integrated graphics. Though, the freezing doesn't seem consistent with stressing the GPU.  Of course, this does not rule it out. 

There is also every possibility that this is in fact a problem with a subset of AB350M Pro4 boards. 

Should you have a short at or on the MB itself, sure, the monitor could still stay powered. Remember, the monitor has its own supply and is only dependent on the data the monitor cable supplies.

Build it out on a non-conductive surface outside the case, using due caution obviously, and post back if you can duplicate the behavior you see while assembled in the case.

mpw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 7:34pm

You've done everything BUT consider the PSU. That seems to be the constant across all you've done. The PSU remained the same.

Would a shorting issue allow the monitors to remain powered? I am not great with electronics, but wouldn't a short mean that eventually the capacitors in the motherboard would discharge, and we would see the system turn off?

I haven't actually tested outside of the case, which is something I will do, should this new board not work when it arrives. Is this always recommended, and is there anything wrong with the PSU touching the case? I understand sometimes there are little rubber inserts that can be used with a PSU.

To be fair, the GPU is also only slightly tested. I cannot test without the GPU due to the system not allowing for integrated graphics. Though, the freezing doesn't seem consistent with stressing the GPU.  Of course, this does not rule it out. 

There is also every possibility that this is in fact a problem with a subset of AB350M Pro4 boards. 
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 4:40pm

mpw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 4:31pm

[URL=][/URL]
TXM550M as you state on post #1?

Or

TX550M?

How old is the PSU?

Apologies, I realise the error and will update the post.

It's TX550M.

Every component was purchased brand new approximately two weeks ago. There are no old components.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 6:38am
TXM550M as you state on post #1?

Or

TX550M?

How old is the PSU?
mpw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 5:19am

I'm going for PSU here.

The Corsair TXM550M, from using my Google Fu anyways, looks to be an older model. Guessing the rail outputs are more P4 ready than that for newer systems.

Please post a pic of the Spec sticker located on the side of the PSU itself please.

I'm away from the machine at the moment,
here is a table from the spec sheet.

The URL for this can be found here: http://www.corsair.com/~/media/corsair/download-files/manuals/psu/txm_manual.pdf

Is this what you were looking for?

I'm not sure what P4 means, unfortunately. I am a bit on new terrain with PSU's. I tend to understand the other components more.

However, would an electronic fault manifest 3 days later? Every time a new board is fitted, or CPU, or RAM, it takes much longer for the issue to appear.

Edited by mpw - 02 Feb 2018 at 5:19am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 3:34am
I'm going for PSU here.

The Corsair TXM550M, from using my Google Fu anyways, looks to be an older model. Guessing the rail outputs are more P4 ready than that for newer systems.

Please post a pic of the Spec sticker located on the side of the PSU itself please.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic