ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trouble flashing new AB350M Bios

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wodey89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trouble flashing new AB350M Bios
    Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 9:18am
I have an AB350m

This is the bios download
https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/AB350M/index.asp#BIOS

Unzipped it placed into the root of USB drive. Placed in USB 2.0 port (as reccomended), and it always says can't find the image when using Instant Flash even though I see the image file in the popup when it scans it.

It is Fat32, I already formatted the drive and tried again. Nothing. 

Any ideas? Does the bios file have to have a certain name or be renamed?
TrolleyDave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TrolleyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 9:52am
It's not you or anything you're doing.  There's a problem on the ASRock website where only the latest bios download is showing, rather than the latest alongside all the previous versions.  The current bios version needs a more recent revision than you have on your motherboard, which is what's causing you to be unable to install the latest bios.  Had a similar problem with my Gaming K4 today.  Thankfully the users here managed to provide me with the file I needed to be able to update to the latest revision.  Hopefully they'll be able to do the same for you!  You might need a few files and updates before you can update to the latest version, so it might be helpful for them if you post the revision currently installed on your board.  Sorry I can't be much help other than informing you of what I did, as I have a different motherboard.  Hopefully someone that can provide the files will respond soon!
Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 (P4.60), Crucial Technology 2x4GB DDR4 2133, Gigabyte GTX1060 3GB WF2, WD Black 256GB M.2 (Boot drive)
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 11:51am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by TrolleyDave TrolleyDave wrote:

IThankfully the users here managed to provide me with the file I needed to be able to update to the latest revision.  Hopefully they'll be able to do the same for you!

Working on it............... A minute or 5 please.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 12:28pm
Instant Flash
AB350M(3.20)ROM.zip
http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/tcYQQF4e/file.html

This is the Bridge BIOS that is REQUIRED to be flashed BEFORE revision 4.40 currently listed on the BIOS webpage for the AB350M.

We, I, am sorry for the conusion. Please know I have brought this boner to the appropriate persons attention to be remedied ASAP.
wodey89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wodey89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 12:30pm
Thank you! I am currently on 3.10. I will be trying it now

Thanks, it worked

Edited by wodey89 - 02 Feb 2018 at 1:09pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 4:50pm
ALL BIOSes are back online, including Bridge BIOSes

Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Instant Flash
AB350M(3.20)ROM.zip
http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/tcYQQF4e/file.html

This is the Bridge BIOS that is REQUIRED to be flashed BEFORE revision 4.40 currently listed on the BIOS webpage for the AB350M.

We, I, am sorry for the conusion. Please know I have brought this boner to the appropriate persons attention to be remedied ASAP.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 9:29pm
well technicaly bios files were on servers, just they werent visible from website
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 2:53am
Originally posted by kerberos_20 kerberos_20 wrote:

well technicaly bios files were on servers, just they werent visible from website

Am I supposed to laugh or cry at that statement?
wodey89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wodey89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 10:51am
So with this new UEFI I can't use the regular overclock settings on the main page to both overclock ram and the processor?

Seems i have to enable CBS mode to be able to overlock the ram but then I can't overclock the processor from the main page.

Is there any way around this?

EDIT: Nevermind, I had to do it the "Asrock" way and reboot so the values would be saved in the CBS method.

I have a concern though. Should I leave the default P-state 0 and 1 as it's automatically configured? I'm guessing p-state 1 is to lower the voltage.

Edited by wodey89 - 03 Feb 2018 at 11:11am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic