ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H110 Pro BTC+ can only run 1 GPU

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antaboga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H110 Pro BTC+ can only run 1 GPU
    Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 8:12pm
H110 Pro BTC+
Windows 10 Pro (not activated)
1 x PowerColor RX 570 4Gb
1 x MSI 1080 ti Gaming X

I first installed the RX570 and 4 weeks later bought the GTX1080ti. When I installed the RX570 I used PCIE slot #4. I then stumbled upon documentation that the 1st card should have been installed on PCIE slot #2 (the x16 slot).

Nevertheless, it worked (on slot #4) so I just let it run. Now I have a second GPU. I try to install it but the 2nd GPU doesn't show up in the Windows Device Manager and it seems as if Windows doesn't notice the extra GPU.

I have tried moving either GPU to slot #2 but they both don't show up in Device Manager. I tried only running 1 GPU at a time in #2 but that doesn't work either. Both cards function flawlessly in slot #4 but won't work in any other slot. So at the moment I can only run 1 GPU.

I am not very experienced and have learned most online through YouTube and reading through this forum. However, I am stuck now and hope someone can point me in the right direction on how to get this to work.
Animalm4st3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animalm4st3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 9:14pm
you cannot go and mix and match different graphics card in one system...
they have to be the same or atleast from the same brand ATI or nVidia

i could fix this problem for u, we exchange your 1080ti for my RX 480

Edited by Animalm4st3r - 03 Feb 2018 at 9:32pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Animalm4st3r Animalm4st3r wrote:

they have to be the same or atleast from the same brand ATI or nVidia

He's right. You'll need matching cards. In Windows you'll never load up an ATI VGA driver up next to an nVidia VGA driver. Not running concurrently

Antaboga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antaboga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:00am
Ok, thank you. So if I run Linux instead of Windows it should be possible to run these 2 cards simultaneously?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Antaboga Antaboga wrote:

Ok, thank you. So if I run Linux instead of Windows it should be possible to run these 2 cards simultaneously?

No. Again, two different drivers. nVidia and ATI, cannot be running at the same time.
Antaboga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antaboga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 1:54pm
Thank you but I am still not a 100% clear. On the Asrock website there is a mining installation guide on where it says that this mobo can take either 13 x AMD or 8 x AMD + 5 x NVIDIA graphic cards.

Link to guide: http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/BTC/H110%20Pro%20BTC+.pdf

Isn't the RX 580 an AMD card and the GTX 1080 an Nvidia card? I am not saying that I don't believe you, I am just trying to make sure that when I replace the RX 570 card I don't get the wrong card again.

Cheers and sorry for the noob questions

Edited by Antaboga - 04 Feb 2018 at 7:27pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 2:30pm
I'll be damned. Maybe looks as though your mining SW must support this setup also.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+use+amd+and+nvidia+together+mining
Antaboga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antaboga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 7:33pm
Ok, so it should be possible to run both AMD and Nvidia GPU's simultaneously on this Asrock H110 Pro BTC+ motherboard running Windows.

The only reason I can think that it doesn't work is because I didn't start at PCIE slot #2 when installing my first GPU as per the instructions (but used #4).

Is there a way to fix this without starting back from zero by clearing the CMOS? Could it be fixed by accessing UEFI?

Cheers
Animalm4st3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animalm4st3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 8:42pm
Clear the CMOS
Antaboga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antaboga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Animalm4st3r Animalm4st3r wrote:

Clear the CMOS

Thank you. More noob questions coming up (sorry!);

If I clear the mobo CMOS will that wipe out all data from the hard disk as well?

If the answer is yes, could I disconnect the hard disk, then clear CMOS, and then reconnect the hard disk? 

Or will that be pretty much useless in helping me solve the issue and a complete blank slate is the only way forward (which will require me to re-install Windows and install drivers and other software I already have running).

Thank you for your patience :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic