ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 Taichi Motherboard Overclock Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
QdemSoftly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QdemSoftly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x370 Taichi Motherboard Overclock Issues
    Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 4:41am
Firstly, I have to tell you that I'm using X370 Fatality Professional Gaming, but I think it's no difference to Taichi, I mean VRM component, so I suggest you flash the Bios version 3.00, and try it. Personally, I use Ryzen 7 1700X with 3.9GHz @1.45v(I lost silicon lottery but it's fine because I can keep my CPU temp below 75c) and 8GBx2(16GB) of DDR4 3466MHz CL16-16-16-36 1T with stock DRAM voltage just added SOC into 1.175v all LLC level 1. You'll never regret having this board. for me now, I'm just waiting for the bios which included AGESA code that fix Spectre flaw.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 2:32am
Originally posted by cwdesignsvs cwdesignsvs wrote:

Hi Everyone, I am trying to overclock my x370 Taichi motherboard but cannot at all. I feel lost with all of the settings, I was able to do hit 4.0ghz with my old Asus b350m-a board. Can anyone share their current settings?

I have a Ryzen 5 1600 processor and an x370 taichi mobo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am also running on the beta bios ( 3.20a )

its quite easy really
first tab in bios (oc tweaker)
try 3.8ghz in first box down that allows cpu speed
set volts at 1.375 to start
set cpu loadline calibration to level 2

and reboot
run some test benches for an hour (cinebench/aida etc etc)

if its stable try dropping the cpu volts to 1.35 and repeat
if stable go for 1.325

brayn from you tube channel called
tech yes city

done a guide way back when it was first launched (you bios is later but its really not a lot different)
watch the guide on  alaptop or phone and have a play Big smile
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 2:27am
jason

two things

firstly i too had trouble with absolute refusal to boot with gd off
but now its been off for months

i cant tell you exactly what changed it ,but i can tell you when i altered many many things at once following on from the ryzen ram calculator results it now does reliably start up every time

cpu = 3.9ghz @1.325 volts llc level 2
soc = 1.05volts @ llc level 2
my ram timings per say will be no good to you as i run gskill b dies at 3333mhz

but my other settings are
dram power down = disabled
geardown =disabled
bgs =disabled
bgs/alt = enabled
dram voltage = 1.375
proc odt = 53 ohms
rtt nom=rzq/7
rtt wr =off
rtt park =rzq5
cad bus clkdrv = 30
cad busaddcmddrv = 30
cad bus csodtdrv =30
cad bud ckedrv = 30
cldo vddp voltage 700
memory interleaving size =256
memory interleaving =channel
channel interleaving hash = enable

to be honest your better off entering your own ram data to the ryzen ram calculator and then using   ALL    the settings to suit your ram sticks (e,g, the proc odt may be very different for your ram sticks)

all i know is i would always have a boot fail when turning off geardown mode ,until i sat down worked out what settings advised for my ram and donew them all at same time

now considering i spent a great deal of effort to dig out that info for you would you mind a small favour back ?

no i dont require your first born son Tongue

my friend has just bought the msi titainium for a very very nice discount £125 circa $125

any tips or tricks seeing as its going to be me building it up and overclocking it
thanks in advance
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
JasonMZW20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonMZW20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 7:42pm
I seem to have worse POST issues when I modify Ryzen's stock 1.35v voltage underneath the multiplier. So, instead, I used offset mode to modify voltage by 0.03125v at 3.9GHz plus level 3 LLC. Works for me, finally.

After saving BIOS and rebooting, it may not POST. Power down completely, then try again. If it's a successful OC, it should POST this time with your OC active. It's a weird quirk. I'm still getting used to the Taichi from my MSI X370 Titanium. Say what you will about the Titanium, but it was easy to get up and running and OC'd pretty easily.

Memory on Taichi is fickle too. I have to keep Gear Down Mode on and Cmd2T at auto at 3066, otherwise it fails to POST and eventually resets memory clocks. GDM doesn't allow odd CAS latencies either, so I have to run at 16-17-17-36-72-1T (GDM, so basically 2T) at 1.35v whereas my Titanium could do 14-15-15-36-54-1T (GDM off) at 1.42v. Corsair CMU16GX4M2C3200C16 (Hynix single-rank ICs). I could not achieve those timings on the Taichi and gave up.
DunGoneNuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DunGoneNuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 3:51pm
I would like to know as well.  Been over 10 years since I played with a new build but like you I have the Taichi X370 board.
Ryzen 9 5900X
ASRock X370 Taichi
G Skill F4-3200
MSI Armor 2070
MSI SPATIUM 1TB M2
WD 1TB M2
Crucial 500 SSD
Corsair AX860i PSU
Corsair H115Pro WB
Phanteks Enthoo Pro SE
cwdesignsvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwdesignsvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 3:34pm
Hi Everyone, I am trying to overclock my x370 Taichi motherboard but cannot at all. I feel lost with all of the settings, I was able to do hit 4.0ghz with my old Asus b350m-a board. Can anyone share their current settings?

I have a Ryzen 5 1600 processor and an x370 taichi mobo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am also running on the beta bios ( 3.20a )
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic