ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Freezing issue guidance wanted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r2b2nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2018 at 9:33am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

I am happy to answer your questions as best I can but in situations like this it's as simple as throwing a fan in there and seeing if the problem goes away Wink

Thanks for taking the time for the explanations Xaltar - great info and definitely helped me understand!

Unfortunately, although I think the issue might be partly thermal related, I'm not sure that's the full story. I did a test last night with the USB fan blowing across the components and although it lasted a bit longer, it decided to freeze eventually. 

I'm starting to think, based on a lot of other reboots of freezing, that perhaps either its not VRM heat related or that the VRM is very picky about the temperature and is tripping at lower temps than it should.

I'll probably be getting hold of the supplier of the motherboard to discuss options - either try a replacement or perhaps choose a different brand/model as I've read stories about boards that start off ok but fail after a period of months.

r2b2nz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r2b2nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 5:23am
FYI I've RMA'd the board now and waiting on a credit hopefully to switch to a different motherboard.

I actually wonder if ASRock are doing a quiet "recall" on this board as, although it was quite common in the webshops in NZ when I purchased it, it now appears to have disappeared from almost every shop and the couple that do have it now have it on "special order". (Conspiracy theories are great huh? :D)
cherryicehu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherryicehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 5:54am
Did the motherboard replacement solved your issue? Was not it related to memory (RAM) modules?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by cherryicehu cherryicehu wrote:

Did the motherboard replacement solved your issue? Was not it related to memory (RAM) modules?

I highly doubt the OP will respond, this is a 3 year old post now. If you need help
with a specific issue please make your own thread and list your full system specs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic