ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 TAICHI or Z370 TAICHI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 TAICHI or Z370 TAICHI
    Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 5:03am
witch is over all the more stable version of the TAICHI Motherboard intel Z370 or amd X370?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 5:38am
to be fair the question is like
what milkshake
banana or strawberry

choosing x370 or z370 platform should never really be over stability

theres so many other reasons and factor to choose blue pill or red pill (intel or amd)
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Erasmus_Tycho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erasmus_Tycho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 11:30am
The more accurate question would be, do you want Intel or do you want AMD?
ASRock x370 Taichi V4.4| Ryzen 1800x | 16GB x 2 DDR4 3200 (14cas) | GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N | WD NVMe Black 512GB | 2 x 500GB Samsung EVO 960 | Corsair HX1000 | EK Custom Loop (360mm rad + 280mm rad)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2018 at 3:34pm
Agreed with regards to red vs blue but:

Ryzen is more buggy, even now. If you have no issues then it's stable but there is always a chance that the UEFI won't like your RAM and cause you headaches. This is by far less likely now than it was 6 months ago but certainly worth noting.

My system has been running rock stable (X370 Taichi) for over 6 months and I never turn off my rig. This is with BIOS version 3.00 which was the version that resolved a number of issues I was having. I operate on the logic that if it's working, leave it alone when it comes to BIOS versions/updates. 

Intel is more expensive, offers significantly less value for money (6 core 12 thread i7 8700 vs 8 core 16 thread R7 1700) and is not without it's own bugs. Particularly the "newly" discovered exploit issues. 

I use my system as a workstation for music, 3d character modeling and general every day use. I have had no issues with it since BIOS 3.00 resolved a RAM compatibility issue for me. My intel systems (6600k and 7600k) have never given me any issues at all and worked right out of the box. If I had to choose between my systems I would still choose the Ryzen 1600x system for my workhorse, it is just so much more powerful. My 7600k costs about the same but performs half as well in the applications I use. Today there is a good chance an X370 Taichi will be stable out of the box (any AM4 board really) but if it is not, it's usually simply a compatibility issue with RAM, in which case you can either try different RAM or try the latest UEFI update. This will only get better now with Ryzen 2xxx coming soon, the platform is maturing and these bugs are getting ironed out. 

My basic recommendation is as follows:

If you want a simple to build, stable system with no setup issues go for intel and take the cost hit.

If you are willing to potentially spend some time tinkering and messing around to get things stable but get a lot more for your money, go AMD.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic