ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 extreme4 Ram question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kasojus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370 extreme4 Ram question
    Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 2:16am
Hello, I am planning to order the parts for a new build with the z370 extreme4 and 8700k very soon. Due to my location as well as needing low profile ram because of the cooler im going to use I have very limited selection available, and the best value for money ive found so far is this - http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-lpx-8gb-2x4gb-ddr4-dram-3600mhz-c18-memory-kit-black-cmk8gx4m2b3600c18

I would get 2 of those 2x4gb kits for a total of 16gb ram. I checked the QVL support thing and this ram is listed there, except it says - ver4.23, 2pcs - next to the code. So im a bit worried, because I dont think there is a way to know which version of the ram I am buying right?

Also, I would get something more common like 2x8 sticks of 3200 mhz, but as I said before the selection here is very small and I literally have only the vengeance LPX series to choose from and most of the 2x8gb kits are sold out.

Am i likely to run into any problems because of using 4x4gb sticks or should I be fine?

Edited by Kasojus - 19 Feb 2018 at 2:17am
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 11:52am

Dear Kasojus,

Thank you for contacting ASRock.

Regarding your question, we suggest to choose the memory module from our memory QVL, all the memory modules on the list have been tested and can works properly.

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z370%20Extreme4/index.asp#Memory

ASRock suggest our customer choose the identical memory on the motherboard, include the memory brand, capacity, and frequency.

If customer wants to use 4 stick memory in the same time, we suggest to get the x4 kits instead of 2 of x2 kits, because two different memory kits version might be different.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

Kasojus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kasojus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 1:32pm
Shortly after I made the post I was actually able to find a deal on 2x8gb kit by the code CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 which is also on your memory QVL list so I should be fine now!. Thanks for the reply.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic