ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 Dead Motherboard?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enekk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 Dead Motherboard?
    Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 5:03am
I recently built out the following system:
* ASRock AB350
* AMD-A6-9500 (To help update the BIOS for my actual CPU, a new Ryzen 3 Raven's Ridge)
* Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
* Corsair CXM 750W PSU
(other stuff, none of which is connected)

When I turn it on, the fans on the CPU spin up, but that's it.  No video, no POST beeps (I do have a PC Speaker attached), nothing else.  The system will stay 'on' and the fan just spins after that.

Things I have tried:
1. Memory in Slot A1 only, A2 only, A1 and B2
2. All of the above, but with stick 2 instead of 1
3. Completely reinstalling the motherboard
4. A different PSU (same results)
5. Clearing the CMOS via jumper
6. Clearing the CMOS via removing the battery
7. Letting the system 'run' for around 20 minutes

Is it time to just return the board?  Might it be something else?
enekk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enekk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 8:24am
Ok, here is what I've done since posting this:

1. I tested the PC speaker on another system just in case.
2. I RMA'd the motherboard for an identical new one and built the PC outside the case.  Right now, all that is attached is the CPU, 1 stick of ram (I've tried all slots, but in A1), the CPU Fan, the pc speaker, and a power button.  Fans spin up, no video, no beeps, nothing.
3. I have tried a stick of Corsair Vengeance LPX 2133 memory I had laying around in all slots.

None of these things cause any change in the system.  Does anyone have any ideas of something to try next?  Shouldn't I at least be getting a beep from the PC Speaker? 
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:08am
beeps u can get after sec phase (initial low-level initialization) which is northbridge/southbridge/cache and few other stuffs
it could be faulty cpu
enekk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enekk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:16am
Kerberos_20, I suppose it is possible that the CPU is faulty.  I'll return that tomorrow and try  a new one.  At this point, I will have returned every component in the case at least once!
enekk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enekk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 10:45am
Well, turns out kerberos_20 takes the prize.  Returned the CPU, got a new one, and everything boots up just fine.  God, what a journey.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic