ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi Won't Boot Dual Channel RAM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trdupuis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Taichi Won't Boot Dual Channel RAM
    Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 7:17pm
In my quest to finally return to the master race, I've built myself a new computer for the first time in over 10 years.

- AsRock X370 Taichi
- R5 1600X
- bequiet! Pure Rock cooler
- Corsair 2x8 GB Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz (QVL approved kit at 2933)
- ASUS RX 580 STRIX OC
- Samsung 850 Evo 256 OS drive, Toshiba 5TB X300 HDD
- Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 650 PSU

Here's my problem, I can't for the life of me get my computer to boot with both sticks of RAM in dual channel or above 2133 MHz.

I have tried both sticks of RAM separately, one at a time in all slots and had successful boots using the XMP profiles for both 2933 and 3066 respectively. I have tried all the BIOS versions from 2.40 onward including the new 4.41 beta BIOS. I have set the timings manually in the DRAM configuration under the XMP profile along with trying to get them to work using the AMD CBS overclock profile. Or at least I have to the best of my knowledge. I've increased the SOC voltage to 1.1 and the DRAM up to 1.4 (just to see if it would boot) but to no avail.

So now, I'm stuck with RAM at 2133 MHz and is apparently only in single channel as well.

It's early in the morning now and I apologize for the poor formatting or if I've left out crucial details. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Any other details needed or screen shots/pictures of the BIOS settings etc I can provide later today.

Thank you in advance to everyone
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 3:10am
bios showing single channel is

95+% of the time failure to fully insert the ram stick fully

you are not the first or will be the last to do this on the newer design ram slots

it takes far more pressure than any of us are comfy with
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
trdupuis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trdupuis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 3:29am
I have taken the RAM out and reseated it multiple times.

This last time, I pushed down on these damn things hard enough for the heat spreaders to leave marks in my fingers and it still shows single channel in the BIOS.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 4:32am
trdupuis, we have seen several cases of bad memory slots (RMA needed) but it could be a bad stick.  Take one stick and try it in each slot and see if system boots.  Try all sticks and all slots until you map out the problem.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic