ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Fatality Pro Gaming Not Turning On

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 5:04am
Dylanrockin, I am curious what power connectors you are using on the 8-pin and 4-pin CPU sockets.  Use only the ones marker for the CPU and not the VGA.  Make sure the 4-pin is not rotated 90 degrees because several here have done that.  Use only VGA connectors on your video cards.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
Dylanrockin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dylanrockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 6:55am
I am using the CPU power cables, since they are labeled on the EVGA supernova. 
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 6:57am
Thanks, Dylanrockin.  Have you done a Clear CMOS or an F9+F10 in UEFI?  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dylanrockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 6:59am
It doesn't even turn on outright. If the 4-pin is removed, then it automatically turns, on, but I cannot turn it off and doesn't display anything. Only 2 of the fans plugged in will work, and the video card's fans will not spin. So, I'm suspecting a short on the motherboard.
JohnM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Dylanrockin Dylanrockin wrote:

I am using the CPU power cables, since they are labeled on the EVGA supernova. 

And they are definitely plugged into the correct sockets on the PSU? I know they are keyed to stop you getting it wrong but however unlikely, it may still be possible to get a square peg in a round hole! Forgive me if it seems like a stupid or patronising question but I'm trying to think laterally as you seem to be running out of options.
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX P4.90, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16, 250GB Samsung 960EVO, 500GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro 64, Corsair SF450, Cooler Master Elite 110

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dylanrockin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 9:14am
Well, I did just test it outside of the case and it turns out it is definitely dead. The board, with the 4-pin and 8-pin would auto-start and the LCD display would not turn on, no beep code when RAM wasn't inserted. Nothing. Only 1 of the h115i's fans would turn on, when plugged directly onto the motherboard.

I had no screws, and nothing else that would cause any sort of short around it, and the board would end up automatically turning on, but at the same time not work with me being unable to turn the damn thing off, unless I flicked the power.

I think it was a DOA board or something went horribly, horribly wrong. I don't know what it was, but I did wear an anti-static wrist-wrap and used an anti-static mat when working on my build, so whatever it was, was an error in shipping or something.

Welp, RMA time, I guess.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic