ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB Mouse and Keyboard are OFF during Startup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yesh039 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USB Mouse and Keyboard are OFF during Startup
    Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 1:34am
Upgraded from W7 to W10Pro, 64-bits, everything running fine, upgraded BIOS for my Asrock H97 Perfomance to P2.40 on 10/08/2015.   Couple days ago I noticed the Mouse Logitech G300 is ON 5-10 minutes after the pc is OFF. Unnable to get into BIOS because Mouse and Keyboard are OFF during startup and they get power just before the locked screen. Afterthat I can log into the OS. Try to change "StartUp Settings" in the "Recovery" section and after I press "Restart" the Mouse and Keyboard lost power, so I am unnable to choose any of the 1-9 options, after that the pc has to be shut down pressing the power button in the case. Device Manager show no problem and the two devices are using MS drives.
I switched USB ports, used different mouse, different keyboard and still the same.

Un-installing and Upgrading the drives is not a solution.

Made a " Reset this PC " and still the same.

The Asrock app " RestartToUEFI " takes me to the BIOS screen but the mouse and keyboard are OFF.

Now I found that with the pc off, no power, if I press any button on the mouse it get power On and when I press the pc power button, the mouse turn Off .

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 2:29am
Originally posted by yesh039 yesh039 wrote:

Upgraded from W7 to W10Pro, 64-bits, everything running fine, upgraded BIOS for my Asrock H97 Perfomance to P2.40 on 10/08/2015.   Couple days ago I noticed the Mouse Logitech G300 is ON 5-10 minutes after the pc is OFF. Unnable to get into BIOS because Mouse and Keyboard are OFF during startup and they get power just before the locked screen. Afterthat I can log into the OS. Try to change "StartUp Settings" in the "Recovery" section and after I press "Restart" the Mouse and Keyboard lost power, so I am unnable to choose any of the 1-9 options, after that the pc has to be shut down pressing the power button in the case. Device Manager show no problem and the two devices are using MS drives.
I switched USB ports, used different mouse, different keyboard and still the same.

Un-installing and Upgrading the drives is not a solution.

Made a " Reset this PC " and still the same.

The Asrock app " RestartToUEFI " takes me to the BIOS screen but the mouse and keyboard are OFF.

Now I found that with the pc off, no power, if I press any button on the mouse it get power On and when I press the pc power button, the mouse turn Off .

What date did you change to UEFI/BIOS 2.40? Not a big deal but depending upon what date format you use, it was done in the near future (10/08/2015) or before 2.40 was available (9/3/2015.)

Questions:

Which USB port are you using for your mouse?

After the upgrade to Win 10, did you try installing the driver for the G300 mouse?

The UEFI/BIOS update will set all settings to their default values. Did you change any of the USB settings with earlier UEFI/BIOS versions?

Did you install any of the Win 10 drivers from your board's download page? The INF driver ver:10.1.1.9 and the Intel Management Engine driver ver:11.0.0.1158 are important to update.

You wrote, "Un-installing and Upgrading the drives is not a solution." I assume you mean drivers, which ones are you referring to? The driver/software for the G300 is essential for all its features to be working.

Power to the mouse after the PC is shutdown is normal. Modern ASRock boards supply power to the USB ports as long as the PSU is on, even if the PC is shutdown. That should not be different or new.

The problem you have is not unusual with Intel 9 series boards like yours. If USB Legacy support is Enabled in the UEFI/BIOS, that can cause the non-functional mouse when in the UEFI UI. That is true more for sophisticated mice like yours that need their software running to be fully functional.

If you have a basic wired mouse, connect it to a USB 2.0 port so you can try changing the Legacy USB support in the UEFI UI.

Do you have the POST code beep speaker connected to your board? If not you might be having a POST error with associated beep code, that still allows the board to go into the UEFI UI. But the POST error is the cause of the mouse failure.
yesh039 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yesh039 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2015 at 2:04am
I am sorry, I got confused, BIOS update to P2.30, not P2.40, on August 18th. The issue was solved removing CMOS Battery, everything running ok and I am able to enter BIOS.
Still I have to update INF and Intel Management Engine drivers.
Thanks you very much for your assitance
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic