ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 taichi wifi extremely weak/non existant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 taichi wifi extremely weak/non existant
    Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 6:19am
MetalManiac, great pictures, thanks!  Please let us hear how it goes.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
MetalManiac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetalManiac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 6:09am
Thanks for the advice MisterJ.

That was a consideration after my multiple Google searches.
http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/asrock-x370-taichi-motherboard/4/ half way down it shows the wifi module i have to remove to check? Is it literally unscrew from the back after taking the plastic cover off? Then remove and make sure nothing is loose.

I'll give it a shot when I have a chance to remove the motherboard
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 4:55am
thats a good suggestion misterj

it would be wise just to confirm the thin cables from aerial to the wifi card

(the card looks similar to a laptop wifi card)
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 4:49am
MetalManiac, based on your description, I would guess that the antennae are not connected.  There is a small Intel PC card under a cover on your board.  It has two small coax connectors/cables from the card to the rear antennae connectors.  Somewhere I have a picture for my X370 FPG board and will post it if I can find it.  Enjoy, John.

EDIT:

These are instructions for removing the card.  If the coax connectors are not connected, then connect them.

Edited by MisterJ - 27 Feb 2018 at 4:57am
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetalManiac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 3:23am
Cheers for the help. I'll get the new driver but hold little hope. The wifi really is a fall back it's hardwired 99% of the time, the comp is 50/50 for gaming and music recording and wanted the wifi so could take the whole pc to a friends to record drums and have it hooked up to his internet over wifi.
It's no real loss but would be handy in those situations
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 3:18am
p.s. try a later bios as well

version 3 or 3.1 seem stable and well functional (im on 3.1)

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 3:13am
ok a few tips
1, make sure aerials are pointing upwards
2,last week intel released new driver for wifi and BT , get them direct from intel
3, pull case out from wall as much as possible
4, see if the 5ghz band does better than the 2.4

overall tips for wifi ..............
avoid using it ! seriously wifi really does affect speeds i get 100meg cabled and 35 meg wifi 3 metres away in direct line of sight ,its crazy !

maybe consider these ethernet over powerline adapters i use one behind the smart tv its really good

plug the sending unit into plug socket by router and the recieving unit behind tv and viola !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetalManiac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 1:47am
Hi guys. Just built a new build with the x370 Taichi and my wifi is practically not existent. If I try and search for a network it finds nothing at all and I know there a loads if networks including of course my own. At first I thought it was broken so have been updating drivers, deleting drivers all together reinstalling, anything I can think of no success.

Had the genius idea to plug a router in next to my computer and it found it but if I move it literally 2m away it can't find it. so The actual reciver works...just... The ariels I have unscrewed and rescrewed countless times so I know they are attached correctly but nothing... I'm at a complete loss. Any one had this? Any ideas.
BIOS is 2.20 And I've made sure it's turned on in the BIOS.
I'm currently connected by Ethernet direct to router and it works fine.
HELP!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic