ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can't enable both Dedicated and onboard graphics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can't enable both Dedicated and onboard graphics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AuthorPaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuthorPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 3:57am
I'm having a problem with dual monitors as well. I have the ASRock N68-GSF FX with AMD FX(tm) - 4100 Quad Core 3.62. The only selections I have in my BIOS is on board, PCI and PCI Express. There is no option for multi-monitor so how am I able to use dual monitors? I have the GTX1050 (non TI) graphics card. I didn't want to have to hook both monitors to my GPU, but I will if necessary.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
derekjp33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derekjp33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 4:04am
and there I was searching the bios high and low like a nube
watching bios youtube videos etc etc

I did also learn there's an A series Ryzen APU with integrated graphics... for a supposed budget gaming PC

codepearlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codepearlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:44am
> And yup, that's exactly the issue, the CPU nor MoBo contain integrated graphics. Had no idea!! 

Yes, even if the motherboard has display connectors (HDMI, DVI, whatever) the CPU needs to provide a graphics solution. When I bought my Ryzen 2700 I didn't know they come without internal graphics. Turns out my MoBo display connectors will never work with that CPU.
derekjp33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derekjp33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 3:35am
For me, this issue is now SOLVED - here's what I found. 

Thank you for responding to my post so quickly. 
And yup, that's exactly the issue, the CPU nor MoBo contain integrated graphics. Had no idea!! 

JUST before filling out a support ticket to ASRock, I tried one final phrase idea in google... and then the truth set me free. 

CPU:  Ryzen 5 2600 - contains no integrated graphics
MoBo: ASRock AB350 Pro 4 - same situation

For anyone experiencing a similar issue, this thread was most helpful. 
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3444916/video-output-asrock-ab350-pro4-ryzen-1600.html

And the 3rd post of this ASRock thread says basically the same thing, in case one of these links malfunctions within a "future" iteration of reality. 
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4778&title=ab350-pro4-no-signal-to-monitor

"You must use a video card with Ryzen 7 processors (and 5 apparently). Just because a mother board has video output connectors, does not mean the processor provides graphics output."

Derek

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote codepearlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 7:05am
What CPU do you have installed?
derekjp33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote derekjp33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 5:58am
Having a similar issue.

Chipset configuration is nowhere to be found within my ASRock AB350 Pro4's BIOS Advanced Settings. 

Very little help on youtube and via googling concepts relative to this problem. 

I, too, simply wish to enable the onboard graphics. 

Again, there is no chipset configuration under advanced settings, what then??

Thanks in advance,
chessmeister 

Edited by derekjp33 - 19 Sep 2018 at 5:58am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codepearlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:36am
Unfortunately it's not that easy. I've been having the same problem with the "X370 Pro 4". There is no option to enable iGPU under Advanced > Chipset Configurations (there isn't even "Chipset Configurations".

"Advanced Tab":

"AMD PBS" shows that the external graphics card is the primary graphics device but there are no iGPU options around:

"North Bridge" and "South Bridge" Configurations:

Edited by codepearlex - 20 Apr 2018 at 9:38am
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 12:02pm

Dear Auroll,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, you can set the IGPU Multi-Monitor to enable onboard graphic and PCIE graphic card at the same time.

BIOS Path: Advanced > Chipset Configuration > IGPU Multi-Monitor

Please make sure press F10 to save the configuration after BIOS setting.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

Auroll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 10:54pm
Hi everyone... I have recently bought an Asrock z370 extreme 4... I wanted to plug my hdmi monitor in my dedicated graphic card and my painting display which has a vga plug in the motherboard since my dedicated graphic card doesnt have one... but I can't seem to find any way to activate both cards. All the solutions I find online say to find certain sections in the bios that I don't have. The only option I see in my bios is to select primary graphic card.. nothing else

Any solutions? Thanks all of you in advance
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic