ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

DUAL SOCKET MOBO ONLY TAKES ONE CPU??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dedonarnet7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DUAL SOCKET MOBO ONLY TAKES ONE CPU??
    Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:50am
Hello I have had a computer build for over a year and one day I open it to take some things out (no MOBO component) to clean it and put it back together and then when I push the power button it didn't turn on it took it apart to trouble shoot and everything works nothing broken or dead but when I put both cups in it gives me Dr debug error 15,A3,and it stays on AF but when I put one CPU on the first socket I was able to enter the bios and install Window's and running Windows on one CPU?? And the MOBO said it supports e5-1600 cups and I have E5-2670 I don't know what to do can some one give me an idea??

EP2C602
DUAL E5-2670
RAM MT36KSF1G72PZ-1G4M1HE
PSU EVGA NEX750B
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:08pm
How many sticks of that memory is installed?
Dedonarnet7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dedonarnet7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:33pm
One stick
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Dedonarnet7 Dedonarnet7 wrote:

One stick

Bingo. That's why. Each of the banks surrounding each processor needs one stick, minimum.

ie: 2 procs, a stick for each

The banks are not shared between procs.

The 1st proc in CPU_BSP1(BoootStrap) uses A, B,C, and D

The 2nd proc in CPU_AP1(Non-Primary) uses E, F, G, and H

Edited by wardog - 09 Mar 2018 at 12:51pm
Dedonarnet7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dedonarnet7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:42pm
Sorry I ment one stick for each I have two 8gb sticks of ram but only have one cpu installed with one stick of ram. If I add the other ones installed it would give me a 15,A3,AF Dr error
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 3:34pm
http://event.asrockrack.com/tsd.asp

Use the above link to contact the proper Support personnel.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 6:07pm
Dear Dedonarnet7,

Thanks for posting your query to ASRock forum. Please allow us to help you with this.

You have not mentioned the specification of those memory module, we will consider them to be as same brand,same speed, and same specification.

If the memory will not boot, please follow the steps below to see if i will work.

1. Please install you memory with some strength with both hands to allow the memory slot well contacted with your memory 
2. Please install only the memory that has the boot problem and try. 
3. Please clean your memory gold finger and try.
4. Please use different combination to install your memory to different slot.
5. Please clear CMOS and try.
6. please use that memory on different computer to see if it will boot. 

With thanks,
ASRock TSD

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic