ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Unable to change Mac address with ASrock Mactool
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to change Mac address with ASrock Mactool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klong123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to change Mac address with ASrock Mactool
    Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 8:08am
I am getting the invalid mac address error but I cannot seem to assign a mac address as every time I receive this error -

Has anyone encountered this before? The error code is status=1 but I cannot seem to find any documentation on what is going on.

The only thing I could find remotely close is this ftp://ftp.tyan.com/Broadcom/LAN/BCM57XX/v7.6.2/DOS/UserDiag/b57diag.pdf on page 111 it mentions "/* ERR_IND_REG_ERR 1 */ "Got 0x%08X @ 0x%08X. Expected 0x%08X"," however, I have no idea what any of this means.

I have also tried using another tool such as TMAC but I am wanting to change the mac address not just spoof it as I am getting the error.

Edited by klong123 - 10 Mar 2018 at 8:11am
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 11:09am
Did you see this:
https://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/50936-mac-address-invalid-cmos-flash.html
after reading it all,
take a second look at post #9 on that page. You might be able to use that info.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 11:48am
First, you shouldn't have even dinked with searching the net for a resolution.

Did you receive the flashing file you are using now directly as a result of contacting ASRock?

If not, stop now and contact them.

This phone # to ASRock is Pacific Time, CA, so 3hrs diff from you. Normal business hours.

1-909-590-8308

Had you, as is customary when seeking help, listed what motherboard your are attempting this on I could have helped you tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic