ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Warning, J3455B/J3455-ITX/J4205-ITX BIOS brick !
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warning, J3455B/J3455-ITX/J4205-ITX BIOS brick !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Stefan75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefan75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 4:06pm
What's the benefit if I contact tech support?
Don't they read their own forum?

My board is dead, it doesn't boot.

The only technical option I can imagine is:
- flash by JTAG ??
- solder another flash chip (8pin chip with P1.10 tag)

The only logical option:
- return to seller (I hope they can send it back to ASRock for a refund)

http://cellarcinema.info
marcolo88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcolo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 4:03pm
I tried too but nothings appened too.

My was update from 1.30 to 1.40

I wrote to tech support.
Feelgood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feelgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 4:03pm
I wish i read this tread before update. Mine J4205-ITX is bricked also after update to 1.60.
Successfully updated to 1.50 via Windows and than updated to 1.60 via Windows. After reboot the board is dead / bricked. I hope someone can find solution for this. 
How can they not test these things before releasing BIOS???
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 1:45pm
This is a User Supported Forum.

Please Contact Tech Support at:
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Envio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Envio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 1:34pm
After 10 hours of clear BIOS and battery removed, no succes in starting anything...
I wish someone from Asrock tech support tell what to do with a less than 10 hours usage. A sucessfull BIOS update = failed BIOS update.
marcolo88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcolo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 8:21am
Hi,
the same model...made update (internet update from bios) and blocked at 49%
Now it doesn't work nothing...
i tried to clear cmos and battery...but i have the same problem (when i switch on, i don't have video signal, but disk and fan works.

I try to keep remove cmos for 4 hours how some guide said ... but i think it will not work!

McLeft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McLeft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 7:55am
Jut got J3455B biricked with 1.70. Clear CMOS/Battery removal - nothing worked.  
Kaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 4:59am
Idem my j4205-itx is dead after update 1.6.
If my motherboard is bricked that the last time i buy asrock. How is possible to not test bios before ?
J4205 have many problem and bios update is mandatory for normal use !!! Asrock must repair that now.
3vil5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3vil5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 4:37am
Originally posted by Envio Envio wrote:

Tried Xaltar BIOS reset by removing battery (waited 15 minutes) but nothing happened.
As previous user posted, i also used Windows boot upgrade method and the update ended sucessfuly (noooot)...
I will give another try to BIOS clear by battery removal and wait 'till tomorrow.
Hope that works ?��

i think clear cmos or remove the battery dosen't work. That procedure is to reset the changes made to bios setting, no "clear" the bios. But i hope to be wrong
3vil5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3vil5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 4:36am
i have update 1.4 to 1.5 and then 1.5 to 1.6 without problem. I have used istant flash.

And probably, i say "probably" i have solved the HDMI problem with the tv... i'm doing lot of tests with the tv to be sure becouse i have booked the return of the mobo for tomorrow...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic