ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Warning, J3455B/J3455-ITX/J4205-ITX BIOS brick !
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warning, J3455B/J3455-ITX/J4205-ITX BIOS brick !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
vibrena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibrena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by McLeft McLeft wrote:

Exactlly.

But i got a newer one - The Black Edition )
Programmer - [URL=http://www.banggood.com/USB-Programmer-CH341A-Series-24-EEPROM-BIOS-LCD-Writer-25-SPI-Flash-p-1008191.html]link[/URL]
1.8v adapter - [URL=http://www.banggood.com/3pcs-1_8V-Adapter-For-Iphone-Or-Motherboard-SPI-Flash-SOP8-DIP8-W25-MX25-Use-On-Programmers-p-1166789.html]link[/URL]
soic8 clip - [URL=http://www.banggood.com/8-Pin-1_27mm-Pitch-SOIC8-SOP8-Flash-Burning-Chip-IC-Test-Clip-Programmer-With-2pcs-Power-Module-p-1179974.html]link[/URL]

Procedure is similar to one described [URL=http://pharscape.org/techblog/chuwi-hi8-bios-flashing-what-to-do-when-usb-otg-is-not-working-and-windows-10-wont-boot/]here[/URL]

Except:?

Instead of unsoldering battery - you have? just disconnect power and remove li-on battery.

Step 4 - I didn't use auto-detect feature (some ppl say it may be not safe)? - used a dropdown lists to select chip by name. (J3455B uses type "25SPI flash" Windond W25Q64FW chip, probably other boards use the same one)

Steps 7,8,9? - can be replaced with clicking "Auto" button.

Event4101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Event4101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 4:44am
Unless explicitly told otherwise in the bios update instructions provided by ASRock, when there are more than one bios version that must be installed I will approach each bios version as a separate installation and then reboot to verify that everything is working as expected before installing the next bios version. Unfortunately the ASRock bios update instructions aren't always as detailed as they should be as illustrated by the posts made by "nickq" in the thread titled "BIOS issues on J4205-ITX", but at least in this instance the oversight didn't lead to a bricked board.

After installing each bios update I will also check any custom bios settings that I may have made to see if they remain in place. I usually find that custom bios settings will remain in place after a version update, but not always.

BIOS issues on J4205-ITX
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10129&title=bios-issues-on-j4205itx
tgellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 8:47pm
After upgrading the J4205-ITX from 1.40 to 1.70 do you need to reboot before upgrading to 1.80?
Delightman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delightman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 2:37am
HOHO!!!

Here is the BIOS for J4205 v1.80!!: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/J4205-ITX/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

IT WORKING! all working - memory and CPU at full speed finally without craches. updated by me through bridge BIOS v1.70. Instant Flash!

Previous version on my board is 1.40
Mad_Max_Belarus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad_Max_Belarus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 12:45am
hello! i need dump bios j3455b-itx
gen_angry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen_angry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 10:27am
Hello again,

Is the J455B-ITX 1.70 image safe to instant-flash now? It's been a few months since this post.

Thank you.

Edited by gen_angry - 06 Aug 2018 at 10:27am
kped View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 2:49pm
Hello to All,

I am having some issues with my J3455B-ITX @ 1.70
It is not bricked but it will give me 5 short beeps after every restart and there will be no video output during POST. Board keeps booting normally and video resumes as soon as the windows driver is loaded. However video will not resume after sleep whenever the 5 beeps have been heard on startup. When the system is turned on after a shutdown everything works normally (i.e no beeps, video during POST and video resumes after sleep in windows). All these problems started after I updated to 1.7.

I want to downgrade to 1.3 as I had no problems with the system whatsoever back then. Instant Flash will not detect the BIOS image for 1.3 on my flash drive. I have already tested two different FAT32 formatted flash drives and I know for sure that the BIOS file is the correct one. I assume that the board does not allow BIOS downgrading for some reason.

Moreover the DOS way of updating does not work for me. The flashing process does not start after the restart for some reason.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could downgrade the BIOS back to 1.3?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
kped.
tgellen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgellen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 8:59pm
I have a J4205-ITX on 1.4 and I'm getting MCE errors in Linux and wanted to flash to 1.5 or 1.6 via Instant Update from a USB stick to see if this fixes the issue. Will it only brick if I use the Windows/DOS version. (I don't have either Windows or DOS on this board!)

Is it safe to flash 1.5 or 1.6 via Instant Update?

Cheers.
McLeft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McLeft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 7:33am
Originally posted by gen_angry gen_angry wrote:

Hello, where did you find these later BIOS images?

It can be found on theirs FTP: ftp://asrock.cn/BIOS/CPU/
But i would stay with 1.30
gen_angry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen_angry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 5:30am
Hello, where did you find these later BIOS images?

I have the J3455B-ITX in my HTPC and the latest BIOS I could find was 1.30 released in 2017. 

Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic