ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Warning, J3455B/J3455-ITX/J4205-ITX BIOS brick !
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warning, J3455B/J3455-ITX/J4205-ITX BIOS brick !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 1:45pm
This is a User Supported Forum.

Please Contact Tech Support at:
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Feelgood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feelgood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 4:03pm
I wish i read this tread before update. Mine J4205-ITX is bricked also after update to 1.60.
Successfully updated to 1.50 via Windows and than updated to 1.60 via Windows. After reboot the board is dead / bricked. I hope someone can find solution for this. 
How can they not test these things before releasing BIOS???
marcolo88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marcolo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 4:03pm
I tried too but nothings appened too.

My was update from 1.30 to 1.40

I wrote to tech support.
Stefan75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefan75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 4:06pm
What's the benefit if I contact tech support?
Don't they read their own forum?

My board is dead, it doesn't boot.

The only technical option I can imagine is:
- flash by JTAG ??
- solder another flash chip (8pin chip with P1.10 tag)

The only logical option:
- return to seller (I hope they can send it back to ASRock for a refund)

http://cellarcinema.info
McLeft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McLeft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 11:24pm
By they way could anyone share a working BIOS dump for J3455B-itx, please? 
McLeft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McLeft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 6:20pm
They removed DOS/Windows version of BIOS from their site. Nice.

Tech support answer was:
Contact local dealer, or flash binary (instant flash with programmer).

Edited by McLeft - 14 Mar 2018 at 11:05pm
Envio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Envio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 4:15pm
Dear Customer,

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Thanks for contacting ASRock.
We provide some suggestions to you for verify. 
1. Please refer to the user manual to clear CMOS.
2. Install only single stick memory on each DIMM slot by turns(A1/A2).

If still cannot get the post, it may not update the BIOS properly.
Please contact local dealer to help yo flash the BIOS by programmer.

Best Regards,

ASRock TSD
Manics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 12:49am
Envio, clearly, what you have suggested is not going to work as it is evident from others that BIOS 1.60 has severely damaged the board! Please read the entire thread! I have one such board that is out of warranty but damaged by ASRock's ineptitude. What will you or ASRock do about it? In fact, what shall the customers do about it? Class action lawsuit?

Quite frankly, I find this downright unbelievable how ASRock have not tested the update. First ever motherboard in 30 years to have been broken due to BIOS update!

Edited by Manics - 16 Mar 2018 at 12:52am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 1:28am
Manics, I believe Envio was simply quoting a response they received from Tech Support.

I will pass this information on to my contacts at ASRock. I am sure they are aware of the issue but it does not hurt to provide them with additional information. 

I have to wonder if this is a widespread issue or a problem with a particular set of hardware configurations. I can assure you, BIOS updates are thoroughly tested so when something like this happens there is usually another factor at play. 

I know you guys are all angry (certainly understandable) but could you please share your system specifications, RAM model number, add in cards etc? If there is a common thread between you it will help tremendously in identifying where things went wrong. These things happen and it is most frustrating when you find yourself on the receiving end.

In addition, if you have not already please open support tickets with ASRock. If your board is still under warranty go ahead and RMA. If not ASRock may be able to assist you further (they are usually very good with issues like this). If you do open a ticket, please link this thread in your ticket. 
McLeft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote McLeft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 4:39am
Managed to fix the board with cheap CH341A programmer (accompanied with soic8 clip and 1.8v level converter).
Flashed 1.70 binary with no problems. No soldering required. Board came back to life! " :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic