ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock AB350 Pro4 - Update BIOS to 4.70

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Booyacookies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Booyacookies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock AB350 Pro4 - Update BIOS to 4.70
    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 7:31am
I found the issue. The actual download for the BIOS Update was for the wrong motherboard. I had to click on the 'Chinese' Version when it gave the correct download.
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:03am
You mean you cannot get into the bios?
Do a Clear CMOS and try again.
If you have more than one RAM slots used, try it with only one stick in A2.
However, loading bios defaults and restart should be done before an update.
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
Booyacookies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Booyacookies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 8:14pm
Hey There,
I have had a similar problem the only difference being that I cant update my BIOS from 3.40 to 4.70.
I need to update to 4.70 to install my new Ryzen 5 2600.

I just updated it from 2.50 to 3.40 but it seems to be stuck on 3.40

Any suggestions?
Reinvented View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 2:30am
Originally posted by Cubito Cubito wrote:

Originally posted by MinimalTech MinimalTech wrote:

Hi. I have the ASRock AB350 Pro4 motherboard paired with an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU and G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2400MHz RAM.

Before a month, when I firstly installed the motherboard to my PC case and turned it ON for the first time, the BIOS was at version 3.20. I updated it (via Instant Flash from inside the BIOS menu) to 3.40, as the notes said, because this is a "bridge BIOS". Then after successful update - restart - load defaults - restart again, I updated to the latest 4.60. All works good since this time with the 4.60.

Now, I want to update the BIOS to the latest, the 4.70. So, my question is:

Shall I update it straight to 4.70 via Instant Flash?

Or do I have to follow this procedure?:
1) downgrade BIOS from 4.60 to 3.40 (bridge BIOS)
2) then update the BIOS from 3.40 (bridge BIOS) to 4.70?

The notes are not so clear thus I can't understand the 100% correct procedure to update.

Ok then, now I'm sure!!

Thank you very much both of you!? Wink

Hi there,

I am wondering if you finally updated your BIOS directly from 4.60 to 4.70 version without going to any Bridge BIOS version in between.

I am in a kind of loop here as I have a new 2400G APU and the 3.60 Brigde BIOS version for my mobo (Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac) do not support APUs. So we need to know for sure if going directly from 4.60 to 4.70 is a real option.

Any update in this kind of situations???

Note: The first BIOS update when the mobo was purchased was conduted by the vendor, I am not willing to take the entire system to the vendor anytime a new BIOS is released...

Bridge BIOS are only for going from 3.xx to 4.xx.  If you are on a bridge BIOS or 4.xx, you can safely update to anything in the 4.xx range without needing to go back again. 
Cubito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cubito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 2:20am

Hi. I have the ASRock AB350 Pro4 motherboard paired with an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU and G.Skill Flare X 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-2400MHz RAM.

Before a month, when I firstly installed the motherboard to my PC case and turned it ON for the first time, the BIOS was at version 3.20. I updated it (via Instant Flash from inside the BIOS menu) to 3.40, as the notes said, because this is a "bridge BIOS". Then after successful update - restart - load defaults - restart again, I updated to the latest 4.60. All works good since this time with the 4.60.

Now, I want to update the BIOS to the latest, the 4.70. So, my question is:

Shall I update it straight to 4.70 via Instant Flash?

Or do I have to follow this procedure?:
1) downgrade BIOS from 4.60 to 3.40 (bridge BIOS)
2) then update the BIOS from 3.40 (bridge BIOS) to 4.70?

The notes are not so clear thus I can't understand the 100% correct procedure to update.

Ok then, now I'm sure!!

Thank you very much both of you!? Wink

Hi there,

I am wondering if you finally updated your BIOS directly from 4.60 to 4.70 version without going to any Bridge BIOS version in between.

I am in a kind of loop here as I have a new 2400G APU and the 3.60 Brigde BIOS version for my mobo (Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac) do not support APUs. So we need to know for sure if going directly from 4.60 to 4.70 is a real option.

Any update in this kind of situations???

Note: The first BIOS update when the mobo was purchased was conduted by the vendor, I am not willing to take the entire system to the vendor anytime a new BIOS is released...

MinimalTech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinimalTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 9:50pm
Ok then, now I'm sure!!

Thank you very much both of you!  Wink
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 4:35am
its very simple
if u have ANY 4.x already, then u can switch between ANY 4.x without bridge bios
bridge bios is needed only when u move from 3.x
same goes for older
going from 1.0 to lets says 3.50 is not possible
3.00 is needed (that is also bridge bios)

but feel free to use bridge bios, its just waste of time
that warning seems to be there to prevent bios brick

Edited by kerberos_20 - 15 Mar 2018 at 4:37am
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 2:44am
ASRock techs visits here are rare. This is a user forum.  If you need official reassurance then you must deal with ASRock directly.
Yes I have updated  both X370 itx and AB350 ITX  from vers 3.0 through to 4.50 within this last month.
Both of these MBs required that I installed the bridge BIOS before attempting to install later updates, once the bridge BIOS was installed I then had no further need to install it to install updated versions as I wished.
You only need to install the bridge version once.

Edited by stree - 15 Mar 2018 at 2:49am
ASRock X370-ITX BIOS 4.50
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 2933
960Evo M.2 256GB, Firecuda 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
G-Unique Archdaemon 300 Watt
Lian-li Q21B

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinimalTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 2:40am
Any official reply from ASRock techs??

What should I do!

Please help!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MinimalTech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 8:38pm
Are you sure? Because ASRock says "* Before updating this BIOS, please update BIOS to P3.40 firstly.", even in the 4.70 version..!!

Have you done this before?!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic