ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi RAM OC Timings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TooQik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Taichi RAM OC Timings
    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Lucks0n Lucks0n wrote:

Correct TooQik,

the P-State configurations won't be saved  Ouch

As for the RAM config, I believe, you can 1. choose ASRock OC and set the timings -save- then 2. use AMD CBS and the timings seemed to be transferred last time for me.  Worth a try.

Greetings

Thanks, will give this a try.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 10:23pm
it will transfer, but u will have to disable auto timings in cbs
Lucks0n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lucks0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 6:15pm
Correct TooQik,

the P-State configurations won't be saved  Ouch

As for the RAM config, I believe, you can 1. choose ASRock OC and set the timings -save- then 2. use AMD CBS and the timings seemed to be transferred last time for me.  Worth a try.

Greetings
TooQik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 8:55am
As LucksOn pointed out, where ever you see a h in the values it means the value is in hexadecimal notation.

Unfortunately though the notation isn't consistent and there are some values which need to be in hexadecimal but look like decimal entries; make sure you read the description boxes on the right for your entries if it's unclear.

The other thing I've also noticed, is that if you save a profile in BIOS and load it later, none of the P-state or RAM settings are saved when in AMD CBS OC mode; I haven't tried the ASRock OC mode. Each time I've reloaded a profile I've had to manually re-set each P-state and RAM value.
Lucks0n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucks0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 12:45am
Yes, at first sight it seems a bit encrypted.
0Eh would be E indeed.

i.e.: 15 = F = 0Fh
demiourgos85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demiourgos85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 12:00am
Thank you for your reply. I am a little confused because for example 14 translates to E, but in BIOS in the Timing selection there is something like 0Eh. I know just ignored the additional characters.

Lucks0n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lucks0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 10:45pm
Hello,

1. Yes, you need to select AMD CBS OC
2. Yes. RAM-Timings and clock have to be set at Advanced\AMD CBS\DRAM-Timing...

You have to translate the timings and CPU Pstates from decimal to HEXdecimal
i.e. here https://www.calculator.net/hex-calculator.html

Edited by Lucks0n - 19 Mar 2018 at 10:46pm
demiourgos85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demiourgos85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 10:16pm
Hello world,

a couple a days ago I updated my bios version to p4.40 (coming from p3.30) and i noticed a difference while i was applying my OC settings. I have the following two questions while using p-state OC:
1. If i want to use a p-state OC i have to select in "OC-Tweaker" the AMD CBS OC mode?
2. While using the AMD CBS OC mode i have to set my OC for the RAM through "Advanced-AMD CBS, correct? My problem is, that the RAM timings are wierdly coded and i don't now how to translate these codes. Is there any chart i can look up?

Thx for anyone who can help :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic