ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 10 BSOD on Vision 3d

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lawe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 10 BSOD on Vision 3d
    Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 1:00am
Hi,

I´m trying to install Windows 10 on a Asrock Vision 3D. It Bluescreens after a few minutes after boot. The cause of the BSOD is  " System thread exception not handled igdkmd64.sys "  Once I managed to disable the Intel graphics in Device manager but it still bluescreend, how do I solve this?

Regards Lars 

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 2:39pm
I'm not sure which model of the Vision 3D series you have. The link you included in your post is a list of memory for a Vision 3D 156B. Is that the one you have:

http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Vision3D/index.asp?c=Models

Are you doing an upgrade installation of Windows 10 from Windows 8, etc, or do you have a Windows 10 disk or ISO file for the installation?

lawe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lawe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 2:20am
Thanx for your answer. Yes I have a 156 B. The automatic instalation throug Windows Update failed so the I tried the ISO file download. Windows 10 installs but after boot it bluescreens after a few minutes. I had to go back to Windows 7 as i run today
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 3:00pm
Ok, I understand now about your PC and the Win 10 installation.

Did you install any drivers on the PC after the Win 10 installation?

The strange thing is this PC uses the NVIDIA® GT425M graphics chip, and not the Intel graphics that is part of the CPU. The BSOD is caused by the igdkmd64.sys driver, which seems to be the Intel graphics driver. So why would an Intel graphics driver be running on the PC?

That answer to that is Windows 10. I'm guessing it is automatically installing a driver for the Intel graphics, which then causes a BSOD. Or that Intel graphics driver is included with Win 10, and is also automatically installed.

It is common for PCs to have both the graphics on the CPU, and a separate video card/chip in the PC. It is possible to have either one in use, or both at the same time. You cannot do that with your PC as far as I know. Is there a BIOS setting for the graphics? Your PC uses only one of the graphics sources in it, and does not have separate monitor connections for each source. The BSOD with that driver is very odd. Confused

One thing to try is right after you install Win 10, or even after you have a BSOD, shutdown the PC and clear the CMOS/BIOS. Then start the PC and go into the BIOS and load the default values manually with the option on the Exit screen. If you have any BIOS settings you use, you must reset them after clearing the CMOS/BIOS.

You should install a Win 10 compatible driver for the GT425M graphics chip, which Windows update may be doing on its own.

lawe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lawe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 12:20am
Ok I´ll check the Bios to see if I can disable Intel graphics.
Nenadex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nenadex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2015 at 11:22am
Hello. Have same problem and Iam interested about it whats happed on the end???
josefin1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josefin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 5:39pm

Here is how to Fix ?�System Thread Exception not handled??in Windows 10

1:- Right-click on ?�Start??icon positioned at the bottom left corner of your screen. Click on ?�Device Manager??

2:- Double click on ?�Display Adapters?? Right click on the video driver installed on your system and click on ?�Properties??

3:- Click on ?�Uninstall??to remove your video adapter driver software. Click on ?�OK??to finish this step.

4:- Install the newer version of your driver by downloading it from the hardware website. For instance, say https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Source:- http://merabheja.com/fix-system-thread-exception-not-handled-in-windows-10/

Edited by josefin1 - 11 Jan 2018 at 5:40pm
I am a graduat in science subject.
Barry Gordon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Gordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 1:43am
I am planning to upgrade my system (ASROCK Vision 3D; MotherBoard Model HM55-MXM) to Windows 10. The graphics chip appears to be the Nvidia Gforce GT 425M. Is there still a problem with the graphics driver and a BSOD.  Has the problem been resolved? Has anyone does this upgrade successfully?

Thanks in advance.
amara21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amara21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 3:49pm
If you are facing a blue screen error in Windows while upgrading it then these simple steps will help you solve your issue.
1: Uninstall the apps that are no longer required
2: Perform a Clean Installation
3: Disconnect unnecessary Hardware such as external hard drives, printers, secondary monitors, phones, and other USB or Bluetooth devices
4: Free up space from your PC by deleting temporary files.
After performing these steps restart your system and see whether [URL=http://www.pcerror-fix.com/top-5-methods-solve-windows-10-blue-screen-death-bsod-internal-power-error]Windows 10 BSOD[/URL]problem is fixed or not.
Good Luck!!!
Worfje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Worfje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 10:22pm
Just wanted to let you know that on an Asrock Vision 3D 137B all went smooth when not using an internet connection during the installation of windows 10 (see [URL=http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=545&title=vision-3d-sandy-bridge-vs-windows-10]here[/URL] for details.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic