ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Solved] AB350 ITX + Ryzen 2200G, no video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved] AB350 ITX + Ryzen 2200G, no video
    Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 8:08pm
Hello,
I have the AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac board with Ryzen 2200G processor.

The first problem was that it didn't work because of old BIOS.
So I had the BIOS updated at the shop where I bought the board. They said the update went fine and it now has the latest version (it was yesterday).
Which means the board was working, at least with their hardware.

But it still won't boot the Ryzen 2200G, even though there is a small progress.

Before the BIOS update only the CPU fan started spinning and nothing else happened.

Now it gets at least to keyboard detection (keyboard LED lights, or it beeps 5 times if keyboard is not connected) but there's no image on monitor.

No other hardware is connected (yet), only CPU (and fan), RAM, monitor and keyboard (and power supply).

What I tried:
- Switching the monitor between HDMI_1 and HDMI_2
- Switching RAM between slot 1 and 2
- Clear CMOS. After that it took longer to start and the CPU fan speed changed a few times, but still no image

Is there anything else I can try?

Edited by Joker - 25 Mar 2018 at 3:21am
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 3:31am
First thing you should do to allow people to have a chance of helping, is to create your full rig details as a signature.
ASRock X370-ITX BIOS 4.50
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 2933
960Evo M.2 256GB, Firecuda 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
G-Unique Archdaemon 300 Watt
Lian-li Q21B
Joker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 5:29am
I'm only using a minimalistic setup to get it working:

- Mobo: ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac (with updated BIOS)
- CPU: Ryzen 2200G
- RAM: Crucial Ballistix 3000MHz 8 GB (one module)
- PSU: BeQUiet! 350 W

It powers up and keyboard seems to be working, pressing ctrl-alt-del does reboot (the CPU fan stops and then starts again).
But there's no video signal.
It doesn't produce any beep-code (but beeping works, it does beep 5 times if keyboard is disconnected).
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 5:57am
That sounds like the system is posting but there is no display signal getting to your monitor.

Have you tried a different cable? Sometimes it turns out to be as simple as an incompatible HDMI cable or monitor.

You can also try an HDMI -> DVI or displayport adapter and see if that gets you a display. 

I hope this helps.  

Edited by Xaltar - 25 Mar 2018 at 5:57am
Joker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 6:03pm
Xaltar: Good idea! 
I didn't suspect HDMI cable or monitor because I use both with other devices and they work.

But just to be sure I tried another cable and display and guess what- it works! 
The other display also works with the first cable I tried.

So the good news is that the computer is working.
Now I just need to get it running with that first monitor.

Maybe it's connected to display resolution because the monitor that doesn't work is 2560x1440.
The one that does work is 1366x768.
So maybe it needs either better cable or some change in settings to work with higher resolution.

Are there any graphic card options in the setup?
I ran through the setup but didn't see anything useful.
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 6:53pm
Is this anything to do with the Pin 19 issue on HDMI cables perhaps?
ASRock X370-ITX BIOS 4.50
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 2933
960Evo M.2 256GB, Firecuda 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
G-Unique Archdaemon 300 Watt
Lian-li Q21B
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 7:01pm
Try an adapter to convert the board's HDMI to DVI or Display Port. As for the settings, I am sorry, I have no idea. I don't have a Raven Ridge APU to test with. 

From what I have seen around the web I get the feeling it's something to do with the cable. Maybe pick up an HDMI 2.0 certified cable and try that. Failing that, the adapter/s I mentioned above may be your best bet.
Joker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2018 at 7:32pm
OK, later I'll have spare HDMI->DVI cable available so I'll experiment a bit more, thank you.
(The board only has HDMI connectors, luckily the monitor has pretty much all of them: HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI and D-Sub)

One more question:
Since I can now get to setup, I noticed that the RAM config is a bit different than it should be.
The module is DDR4 3000MHz 1.35V CL15
This also shows in setup in the part about XMP profiles.
However, on the OC Tweaker tab, the DRAM frequency is DDR4-2133 and DRAM voltage 1.200V.
Both items are set to Auto. 
Should I just overwrite these to what I think is correct, or do something else to make it run on the "official" configuration?
Joker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 2:49am
Solved :)

The monitor had signal auto-detection disabled for HDMI *facepalm*.

It worked just fine with DisplayPort or D-Sub and I didn't realize it might be disabled specifically for the HDMI port.

Thanks everyone and especially Xaltar for help. 

Now just to figure out the RAM settings and install OS and it's done :)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 3:01am
For the RAM usually all you need to do is enable XMP in the UEFI. If that doesn't work or is unstable then you can try manual settings, post back here if you need to do it manually though, there are some things you will need to do to get it set up right.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic