ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AB350 pro 4  r3 2200g Missing RAM (6.93 out of 8)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 pro 4 r3 2200g Missing RAM (6.93 out of 8)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 5:52pm
bios version will not change
reset cmos, and make no changes
boot to windows and see if that helps
if all ok, feel free to change your bios settings
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 6:54pm
Like Kerberos_20 said, it will not harm your system in any way provided you follow the steps:

1. Power off the system
2. Disconnect power from the wall
3. Press the power button for 5 seconds or so
4. Open the case and locate the clear CMOS jumper
5. Place the jumper in the clear position for a few seconds
6. Restore the jumper to it's original position
7. Put the case back together and power the system back on

If you are uncomfortable with this, then by all means take your system to a professional, maybe ask them if you can watch what they do.

If you do go ahead with clearing CMOS yourself, let us know what happens after and if it resolved your missing memory issue. If so, we will happily walk you through what settings to change in the BIOS to get the most out of your system Wink
WhoYouGonaCall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhoYouGonaCall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 7:56pm
I did not clear cmos but I found buffer ram option, instead of disabling gfx controller i shwitched to forced. And buffer vaule set to 64mb now i have 7.8 from 8gb of ram. Its not 8 but its much better, but i will try clearing cmos anyway but now i have go to work. Bye and thanks ;)

Edited by WhoYouGonaCall - 26 Mar 2018 at 8:00pm
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 6:31am
Originally posted by WhoYouGonaCall WhoYouGonaCall wrote:

I did not clear cmos but I found buffer ram option, instead of disabling gfx controller i shwitched to forced. And buffer vaule set to 64mb now i have 7.8 from 8gb of ram. Its not 8 but its much better, but i will try clearing cmos anyway but now i have go to work. Bye and thanks ;)

You will not get 8GB free. The system must assign every device it enumerates it's req'd memory aside.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic