ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

2400g/ITX BIOS Update "Victim"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
animatics324 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote animatics324 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2400g/ITX BIOS Update "Victim"
    Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 2:37pm
Created an account just to reply to this post. I did the exact same thing. Got the board, it booted up, thought I immediately needed to install bridge bios. Little did I know I just downgraded from a raven ridge compatible version to a bios that wouldn?™t post with raven ridge!

Not sure if you are near a computer shop but I took my rig into frys electronics and they flashed a 4.xx bios for $35. Good luck man!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 1:35pm
The problem is that you already had a Raven Ridge BIOS then you back flashed to a non-supporting BIOS (the bridge BIOS). You only need the bridge BIOS going from 3.xx to 4.xx, I believe it says so on the BIOS download page. 

Originally posted by BIOS Download Page BIOS Download Page wrote:

* If the current BIOS version is older than P3.60, please update BIOS to P3.60(Bridge BIOS) before updating this version.

Essentially you made the board incompatible with your CPU by back flashing. Unfortunately the BIOS ROM is soldered to the board these days so you only really have 2 options:

1. Borrow/buy/get a tech to install, a compatible CPU (summit or bristol ridge) and flash to the latest BIOS.
2. RMA the board

Option one is potentially the fastest solution. As for RMA times, I am afraid I have no idea, it will depend on where you are located and if you are returning to manufacturer or your place of purchase etc. I would guess a minimum of a week. You could also try contacting AMD and requesting a "Boot Kit" but I don't know if that would be any faster.

A good rule of thumb is to run something like CPUz and check your current BIOS version before going the update route, with Raven Ridge's launch some boards will have an old sticker on the BIOS that no longer represents the BIOS version on the board so that is unreliable at present.

Good luck and let us know how it goes Wink
AMDominance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMDominance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 12:22pm
Put together this sweet little build and ran it fine for a few hours.  Decided to update BIOS (bridge first given the current revision) - huge mistake.

After hitting 100% and restarting, the boot loops that never end began.

Question is, appx how long will the support ticket take and what is the typical fix?  New BIOS chip in the mail tomorrow?  RMA shenanigans two weeks from now?

I see this is quite a common issue, so I was hoping to get some insight from those who have had their situations resolved.  Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic